Ford|GM Merger

What do you think?

that the government wants to own all vehicle production in the US so they can build crap that not only blayner will buy.

i’ll buy european until i’m dead.

the unions will still continue to **** all over them so what does it matter.

ford doesn’t need to be pulled down any further with shi tty gm products. :smiley:

a new mustang with the new camaro motor would be pretty cool though.

is this serious, I didn’t hear about this?

it’s on Pittspeed, of course it’s real. :slap:

:smiley:

I don’t know about any of this, but I give you Kudos for the sweet little vertical divider you used in the thread title.

Does it become General Ford? Gord? Ford Motors? GenFor?

Better say GM, cause I won’t drive anything with Ford on it

just for you they will call it GMF or GM&F or FGM :rofl:

good point.

x2

isn’t gm ranked #4 on the fortune 500, while ford is #7?

****ty products doesn’t have anything to do with company size/worth :wink:

bring back the g/b/f-body, bring back the foxbody, end saturn/saab/one of the gm truck lines, bring back olds and them and pontiac sell performance, put caddy back to a luxury company, keep selling panther platform in performance RWD applications, start negative marketing about toyota/honda/hyundai, create false urban legends about the quality of foreign brands…problem solved.

No need to do that, it’s already true sir.

well someone did it to the US brands. a whole generation grew up thinking american cars were crap. like it or not all those g-bodys and b-bodys people like to make fun of are still on the road because they were good cars. american cars in the 80’s rusted but stayed together. foreign cars in the 80’s rusted and fell apart!!!

Exhibit A: PewterSS post count

:rofl: Only you would think that bringing back the Oldsmobile name would save the American auto industry! :rofl:

Isn’t this old news? I knew there was discussion between the two companies but I thought Ford walked away from it a while back based on “logistical challenges” or something?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/gm-ford-merger-highly-unlikely.html

The more recent merger, I thought, was GM and Chrysler?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/17/AR2008101701396.html

troof!

I’m hoping that if the big 3 bankrupt, they’ll finally be able to shake off the UAW and produce competitive automobiles

unions fu ck everything up. As I have said before, unions had their place back in the day. They are no longer needed.