Ford vs Chevy title bout.

Depends on the Ford motor asshat!!! 7.3s are bulletproof.

And everyone knows Ford makes the best TRUCKS available. Put a cummins and a allison in the Ford and the game is over.

I saw a $50,000 “platinum” F150 at the Albany Auto Show that was good for a few laughs.

It was like a white trash Denali.

thanks for your contribution to this thread on diesel trucks.

You started it.

i agree the 7.3 is a great motor . yes the ford chassis is a good one if they could do the dirtymax and ali in that chassis they would have suttin

i honestly <3 all 3 motors. i really wish to god i could get a cummins or a dirty in the ford from the factory. i’d fucking wait in line overnight. THAT would be a truck worth paying 60k for.

would u suck a dick for a ford truck with a cummings and an allison trans?

i dunno… i’m kinda partial to rowing my own. I love my handshaker, even if it drops boost between shifts and takes a solid minute and a half for a “quick” shift.

what if it was a passable tranny dick? :rofl

I’m a Cummins fan boi but the transmission Dodge uses (from past expirience) doesn’t hold up. You can’t beat the 5.9 straight six.

I’m a GM guy and for work purposes like snow plowing, I think the Super Dookie is an excellent platform. My old boss had a couple F250 and F350 both with V10’s, they got way under 10mpg’s and got abused on a regular basis but they held up. I’ve had apallet of shingles in the back of the F350 before and had to get on the brakes quickly and it stopped fine, GM finally adressed the shitty brake issue with the new body style. I’ve had times in my 07 Denali that I wondered if I was going to be able to stop in time.

its ok guys , i think its next yr dodge will be runnin the same motors or at least made by the same company engines as the dirtymax . chry also picked up part of allison soooooo they may actually come around

so the duramax and allison will be in an even worse chassis than the chevy has?!?!? doesn’t sound like much of a selling point to me.

hopefully ford takes cummins.

I just spent a good bit of time in a 2011 2500 HD with a D max and allison today. The owner brought it to the dealership I work at cause the one he bought it from dropped it off a lift and I will say it’s a very nice truck, but to be honest I wasn’t in love with it. Yes it has a lot of power and goes down the road smooth and power delivery was very good and it does move out well for a big truck. However it just doesn’t really do it for me even though its almost 800 lb ft of torque it just lacks the personality of a cummins inline. The whole debate about who makes the best truck is somewhat pointless. Each brand has it’s own inherant problems and in all honesty I would never pay what they ask for any of these vehicles new. Just my opinion, but for a used diesel pickup its hard to beat the value of an older cummins and 5 speed in a dodge.

Th cummins is in a league of its own kinda, but the duramax can also take a beating. We tow 20-23k all the time with our 03 3500 chevy. I cannot believe the amount of torture we have dished this thing driving all up and down the coast. Still runs and works like new.

A D max is definetly a powerful motor and will do a lot of work. Maybe I’m just old school, but I want my diesel engine to sound like one. As the saying goes real trucks rattle.

the max really shines when loaded up . they pull the load when all the other newer ones are on there knees . the last good tow motor besides the max was a 7.3 with a few mods , eeven stock mods helped it just by switchin parts from other p/stroke equipped vehicles as ford had em all setup diff

i like all the big 3 diesels

My fathers 2008 cummins did leave me stranded once where my duramax would not have one morning when it was -10 outside.

The only problem i have ever had in the 145k miles i have had the duramax was when my injection pump blew up, probably my fault from using dirty diesel and higher hp tunes though.

My brother’s '05 Ram just started giving him some tranny trouble this week. Its got just under 100k on it.
He scanned for codes and he said its just some sensor in the tranny thats bad.

ohhhhh… you mean like a non-wg van turbo, ats ported housing, hybrid 238/80s, and a late 99 conversion… hmmmm :ninja:ninja

lololololol u kno all the shit i just did to a f250 s/d lol