Grinding Noise..

OK lets think this through logically.

You have a noise coming from a wheel.

You get an e-brake indicator light when playing with the GAS, not the brake.

You haven’t mentioned any problems that come from operating the brake, so the pads and rotors are probably OK. Also, a pad/rotor problem would not explain the indicator light turning on while modulating the gas pedal.

I’m guessing some sort of clusterfucked abs sensor/actuator.

Either way, you have a new car warranty. Use it. Don’t touch the problem unless you want them to blame the problem on you and not cover it.

will the dealer look at it without me having an inspection, or will they make me get one

also theres no way i can go without a car

Fuck the ABS on these cars. When driving aggressively at all it freaks out. Thanks for reminding me, I am going to disconnect it right now.

I had a problem like that before on a TC except it wasn’t the same wheel. The caliper was sticking. If the car is under warranty they will diagnose the problem. Calipers are covered under warranty and if it caused the rotor/pads to get fucked most Toyota dealers will replace that under the warranty too. Even if its not the caliper they will diagnose the problem under warranty.

:uhh: You NEED an inspection, no?

also theres no way i can go without a car

Then for fucks sake take it to the dealer and have the problem fixed under warranty. Your brakes aren’t worn out, not when the problem and associated idiot light shows when you get on the GAS.

well id get an inspection but i leave in a month so theres really no point

:picard:

20 bucks for a month of being able to drive your car legally and get a problem fixed under warranty without worry seems like a no brainer.

all done

new pads and rotors = no more noise

I dunno man, that doesn’t explain the idiot light and grinding noise when you’re hitting the gas. I wouldn’t be surprised if the problem comes back. I hope you’re right though…

I dunno about the grinding but if the pads were low enough the fluid in the reservoir would be low so when he accelerates it causes the fluid to go to the back. We had a few TC’s like that at the shop where they’d come in complaining that when they accelerated their brake light would come on. As I remember the idiot light is in the front of the reservoir.

I guess that makes sense. Well, still doesn’t explain the grinding when he’s on the gas, but whatever. Probably just one of those things…

Glad it’s fixed. :tup:

Good to hear that it is fixed. Ill remember this incase it happens to mine.

there was no material left on the pad

which the brakes use more fluid to compress the pads, which makes the light come on because it sense low brake fluid.

:tup:

32k and your rear pads were shot? I had 34k on my rear oem pads and they had 1/2 left… My friend has 120k on his oem rears and theyre GONE AS SHIT… but 120k does that…