Has anyone dumped Time Warner if so please help

So here is my problem. I hate Time Warner and the ridiculous billing practices the have. With that said let me give some background. I own my home and have had tw for years and lately the service is crappy and we are on our 3rd DVR box. We hate the high price seeing as we don’t watch that many tv shows. I have long work days and use the DVR for most of my tv because I’m never home during the shows I want to see. We have friends and family that have left for dish/direct but that is often another contract that I would like to avoid. I also know people that have left for a roku with Hulu+ and that seemed like it would be great but most of the shows I watch are on CBS and not on Hulu unless your on the computer (not my 55" tv). Any thoughts/comments and ideas/ suggestions please.

I left DTV to go to TW, the tv sucks more, but internet sucks much less. If only we could get FiOS

There are other websites for free TV as well as Hulu. Some sites even offer stuff as its on the air. My recommendation: Lose the cable, keep the internet, get a dvr or make your computer one, and carry on for 1/4 the price.

CANCEL YOUR SERVICE—>SET UP IN NEW PERSONS NAME===END THREAD/COMPLAINING

Well Satellite internet sucks balls benny, unless you were talking their Verizon DSL package they offer to… Which sucks balls as well

TWC (Unless you have fios in your area) is the only decent internet you can get around here and I would not suggest anything else except fios.

As far as TV Service:

We moved to DirecTV from TWC. It was exspensive as fuck for all the channels we had, the boxes sucked cock etc.

We were looking at dish as well but similar packages were a bit more exspensive at the time, not to mention theres some channels they just don’t have (or at least did not at the time, have not looked into them since)

DTV has some of the best customer service as well. For example we were just recentely looking at lower our package, well we called directv and after 15 minutes on the phone they let us keep our current package (we did not ask for this they offered it) at the price of the base package w ewere looking at for the next year, and if we decided we wanted to keep it we could or they would drop us back down. We had some similar things in the past ordering certain channels and they never charged us more

Usually can get someone on the phone in under 5 minutes and its usually pretty hassle free.

If you’re looking at cutting the cord just be aware that while something like a Roku with netflix/hulu etc etc will have a lot of content it won’t have all of it, nor will it always be in a timely fashion, so if you watch any popular TV series that is not on these devices you will need to resort to downloading them… then becomes the issue of how you store them… do you make a HTPC, just an external USB drive etc etc… IMO something like a Roku is just not enough to cut the cord for someone like me (I watch way to many TV series etc) i could cut the cord with my setup now to be honest but others in my house it would not work for… I have my Roku/TV and a home theater PC, can download and TV show etc and have it automatically stored and indexed so its like my DirecTV DVR

I honestly do not know why everyone complains about TWC so much. Yes the boxes especially the DVRs do shit the bed a bit more than one would want them to but I have never had an issue just running down and getting a replacement or even calling customer service and trouble shooting the issue over the phone. I have cable, internet and phone and a few extra channels and I tend to watch a good deal of movies on demand and I don’t think my bill has ever reached over $160 a month

switch to fios if you can, i’m paying 50 less than I was on TW and now I have hbo and showtime which I didn’t before. Had to sign a 2 year contract but i’m happy with it. I tried the no cable hulu and netflix thing thru the ps3, I didn’t like it

Time Warner TV > Verizon

FIOS > > > TW Interwebz

I guess I’m alone in my thought that $150/month is ridiculous for Tv when I have it on for the morning news, and then maybe a csi or NCIS type show at night and maybe a show like fast and loud or duck dynasty.

You’re becoming the new crazy kid

because i have more channels than I had with TWC it was before thye discounted our price just recnetely like 15 bucks a month cheaper (knock off another IIRC 60 bucks after they just gave us another discount) and I have not once had to get a box replaced or had one shit the bed…

I should not have to drive down to TWC and get a box replaced every 3-4 months because theirs like to break and reboot constantly.

FYI ive had the same DTV DVR and standard non dvr boxes in my house for 4 years now.

You do realize that service calls are ffree right? they’ll come to your house and replace boxes for all of you idiots. So many ppl want to complain, use your heads.

For the record, they wouldn’t come to my place to just replace a box. I had to bring it to Colonie Center TWC location. (Not that it’s a big deal).

You dealt with an asshole then, lol. I do it all the time. haha

you do realize that you missed my point of it should not have to be done in the first place?

4 years Ive had my DTV equipment. Not 1 single random reboot not one single issue at all in which I needed to have to call them.

Right before we switched we replaced 2 out of the 4 boxes in our house 3 times in a year due to them starting to fuck up randomly, reboot and generally become slow unbearable pieces of shit.

Plus the fact i mentioned the money I saved.

They wouldnt bring a new modem out here.

If its one of the contract guys, they suck. If its actually certified Time Warner tech, then they give a shit what they are doing. When I had the cable from the house to the pole break, an actual tech came out. He pointed out that the contract guy that came when I first got cable installed, should have replaced all the lines, as they were 30+ years old. Instead the contract guy unhooked the other lines in my house to get a decent signal to only one connection…

Otherwise, no complaints, I only get the TW cable and internet. I could do without the cable, but I have it more for the kid, Disney, Nick, and Cartoon run my house it seems.

I had TWC cable and internet until I returned all my TV stuff and kept just the internet.

For a while I had my PS3 as a media server watch stuff that was on my PC in the other room on my TV in the living room.

Now I just have a PC in the living room with an HDMI output to play internets, watch netflix/hulu and watch DL’ed content.

TWC was $180, now its $60 for RR, and $8 each for hulu and netflix.

And you do realize that TimeWarnerCable doesnt manufacture any equipment too, right? lol. Apparently we just buy really shitty equipment from Cisco/Scientific Atlantic, haha

True story

I had a line problem from my Box to the house. A contractor did it initially and fucked it all up…

Second time actual TWC guys came out and replaced the line and then tested to make sure everything was sound

Yes

But that does not matter, its their fault not mine. I was just talking to a guy at TWC when I swapped out my modem for the 50mbp connection and I saw they had cisco boxes now, he said himself they all suck, just some more than others

DTV doesn’t make their own boxes either they’re just re branded as most things go…

Dude I get you work for time warner, but it does not change the fact that its TWC that puts the shit out their regardless of who makes it etc etc… One should not h ave to replace their boxes. I dont think ive heard of a single TWC customer who has not had to get a box swapped out every so often, every time I go to the office there is a line of people with boxes to swap out…

its fucking annoying, and even when they’re working they are shit… They are slow as fuck and freeze up all the time