Hi and help plz

?
?
?

i was just reading the 240sx Bible and engine swap pages and i think maby ill get a 240sx instead, im just thinking about it for now. But iv seen alot of strange stuff done to 240sx’s like a supra 2JZ-GTE inline six-cylinder, sequential twin-turbo. So i was wondering if you can put a that engine in a 240 can you put a VG30DETT in one. Im just wondering.

Yes, it would be best to go for a 240sx. The 300zx is an awsome car but like others have said, they are extremely expensive to purchase and maintain. It is NOT an easy car to work on. The 240sx is like the opposite.

ALL CAN BE DONE…but will cost you big money…
vg30dett into s13:

http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread/187589

240sx it is then. thanks for the advise

Wow interesting. You were saying how in love with and how much you adore the 300ZX and then on a whim you decided to get the 240SX. I don’t mean to be harsh but that show’s the strength of a 16yo’s desires.
May I ask, what did you read that made you determine the 240SX is a better car than the 300ZX?

Brad I understand that he read the 240SX bible, but I’m asking what within the 240SX bible he read. What parts convinced him?

[QUOTE=pcproa;34706]and I say those are extremely ambitious and nearly inconceivable goals to pick up a TT Z for $4G. Are you willing to pick up a severely wrecked Z for that price? I found a High KM TT Z with a salvaged and repaired title for $7500. It has every ideal option before hand (Black on Black Leather). I bought my weak conditioned NA Z for $6550. I spent $4G on a very harsh/rushed and unclean TT Swap, not to mention the thousands of extra dollars and time spent on making my car what it is over this past year. IF you do get even an NA Z for $4G expect millions of non-stop problems. (TT Z for $4G) == (300,000+ km, many accidents, tired parts and likely to be Auto). I’m not one to talk about driving experience but since it went unmentioned, THIS CAR WILL BITE YOU IF YOU’RE INEXPERIENCED. Grips like a bitch but when you lose it it’s HARD to get it back and it doesn’t usually end up in a happy or cheap experience. No matter how good the car is you will learn to see dollar signs at every turn. Good luck. Don’t mean to be harsh but
you must evaluate the strength of your desires versus the truth and reality of your desires.

QUOTE]

Will your own words answer your questions? I wanted a 240sx before a 300zx but after hrs or reading up on it i loved the power of the 300 and how much history it has that i made the choice of wanted a 300zx more, and i was thinking of being a LITTLE bit different because ALOT of people own 240sx(not a bad thing). And with the way my job season is going now i dont know if ill have even close to the money of owning a 300zx so im facing the facts that you gave me and came to the choice of geting a 240sx because its more in my price range and there is so much more i know about them, aswell so many people on TNC can help with my Q/A and maby even get some of you guys to help in your spar time if you want. So that why i want a 240sx, and because i THINK there better for drifting.

Will your own words answer your questions? I wanted a 240sx before a 300zx but after hrs or reading up on it i loved the power of the 300 and how much history it has that i made the choice of wanted a 300zx more, and i was thinking of being a LITTLE bit different because ALOT of people own 240sx(not a bad thing). And with the way my job season is going now i dont know if ill have even close to the money of owning a 300zx so im facing the facts that you gave me and came to the choice of geting a 240sx because its more in my price range and there is so much more i know about them, aswell so many people on TNC can help with my Q/A and maby even get some of you guys to help in your spar time if you want. So that why i want a 240sx, and because i THINK there better for drifting.

Not fully but that is understandable.
The 240SX is better for drifting. The 240SX is a long skinny wheelbase and the 300ZX is more of a square wheelbase so it’s easier to use weight to break the 240SX lose. I am willing to help out with any vehicle venture. People here on TNC has been great with helping me with my car.
BTW, the 240SX, or at least the Silvia Platform has just as much history as the Fairlady Z platform.

^^^ im with him on everything above.
Members here help each other out. We’re a forum, we’re a community.

also, both chasis are great, but they’re for different applications.
240sx’s are pretty much designed to drift, where as the Z platforms are more grand touring/grip events. IMO, the Z has a fat wheel base, which gives it a lower centre of gravity, which gives it a ton of grip (i think).

you have to choose which style of driving you would like to do… er… AFFORD.
and yeah, neither car is really that cheap.

^^^ wider track… lower centre of gravity agreed.
I widened the track of my 1982 Datsun 200SX (Silvia) by using the rear suspension of a 1992 Infiniti J30 rear end and I put on some wider rear tires. I have trouble fitting that into my single car garage.
I did absolutely nothing to my 1990 Nissan 300ZX and it was far harder than even the widened 200SX.

if you buy a 240, make sure it isnt rusty

just buy a skyline gts-t from jdm imports, tokyo motor imports or something and do a finance. but if you wanna save it and start with the basics go for a 240sx.

^^^ a JDM car is never a good choice for a first car.
trust me, a pulsar almost became my “first” car, and even with my experiences with two other vehicles before it, it would have been a handfull

thanks for the advice, and yes i will be geting a 240sx for drifting, my plans for the car are to get a new suspension set up and to change it to manual from auto, new brakes, new tires, and the so on. But somewhere down the road i wana get me a RB25DET MABY i dont know whats going to happen that far down the road but well see. This is the car i think i might wana get, please comment http://www.torontonissan.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=2412

What are the main things i need to look for in a 240sx to know its worth buying?

at 16? full coverage? basic? fire/theft? vandalism?

was this quote on a twin turbo?

did you tell them you have a vagina or something?
that quote seems rediculously low, was that as you being primary driver or under a parents name?

If I remember correctly I paid $175 in 1999 at the age of 18 (clean record - full coverage) for my 1992 240sx, in Kitchener which has to be a lower risk district than anywhere in the GTA

That’s kind of because Kitchener isn’t really in the GTA. It’s in dispute but my workplace offers GTA discounts for one of the products they sell, and Kitchener is cut out of that discount. Workplace isn’t always right I know.

I believe the quote was on a TT, but from what I see the 300ZX Insurance rates seem to be pretty low. Not sure why. Maybe it’s their strength in accidents.