300ZX List?

Anyone in here have a 300ZX?

I wish! Gimme a few more years so I can but a used twinturbo on the cheap :R

mmmmmm twin turbo… Next year… next year full TT swap

I do. 1991 TwinTurbo 5spd…
Sorta new to this site… so I’m still trying to figure out how to post pics.

Thanks,
J.

Ive got a 1990 300zx …but its n/a :frowning:

anyone with a black twin-turbo 300zx with dual canister exhaust driving north down woodbine tonite around 10 something pm? :slight_smile:

I’m itching for that TT swap right now.
The cars quick right now, but it needs that little extra.
When i do this TT swap I’m gonna do some extra on the engine. If all is right I can probably get 400HP out of it at the wheels.
Can’t wait!
So much for my modified N/A engine. Shorteaz I’m sure you can relate.

Have you sourced your block and tranny yet as well as the engine components?

It seems that way.
Member dubv has a damaged 300ZX Convertible and he believes it had a full TT swap before it was put out of commission. Convertible Z’s didn’t come stock TT and not many people do the swap up here but I’m hoping this may be a lucky one.
If not I have some other options. I’ll probably be buying a full front JDM TT clip for around $2500 if the convertible doesn’t work out.

Do you have any links to good deals?
I was thinking just buying the engine/tranny alone, but then that’s $1500. Then I’d have to get ECU $100, harness $300, intercoolers $500, piping $300, etc and sourcing everything will be very time consuming. That’s already over $2700 not including shipping of everything.

hahaha, after typing it out now I realize that I’ve been stupid for planning it. I should’ve seen it from the start. JDM TT front clip all the way. I even get to see the correct mileage on the odometer of the clip so I know what the engine’s done, short of thrashing/racing/towing.

haha yea i can relate…i was supposed to have a tt conversion done on my car a loonng time ago as a christmas gift…and well…still hasnt happened…along with all the other stuff needed to get done

I’d probably price/part hunting from most of the same places you are. Were you planning on just doing a stock swap with stock plumbing, wiring and intercoolers. If your going to do the swap I would suggest a new wiring harness as well as upgrading the i/c and piping.

Keep us up to date with the progress,
J.

I’ve seen some pictures of the front clip that I’m probably going to buy. It is in top notch condition. Or at least it is visually so from the outside.

When I get the engine out of the clip, I was thinking I’d upgrade the plumbing, get bigger faster spooling turbos, injector upgrade and maybe so larger core ICs but if I can’t get around to that stuff then I’ll just be doing the minimum – Changing the timing belt, removing the EGR system, getting a new wiring harness and getting it together as quickly as possible.

I will let you know how it goes.

Patrick

Hey Patrick… it looks like you have an aftermarket rear bumper on… which one is it? (judging from the cardomain pics)

J.

It’s the doing of the previous owner.
Sometimes I like it, sometimes I want slightly different.
I think that to truly appreciate the rear bumper that I have on there I need to get larger exhaust tips, but I’m not into big noisy exhausts or anything. Especially not for my daily driver and every exhaust set that I’ve seen has an increased noise output.
I’m not sure at all what the model of the bumper is. It’s fiberglass, not bomex or urethane, etc.
For some reason the front edges, the parts closest to the rear wheels, are made of a slightly different material. It does not hold to the fiberglass rear that well so it constantly separates. It was previously cracked there and when I painted the car in September I got them to JB Weld the crack, fill it and paint over it. They warrantied the crack but it has since reappeared. The paint hasn’t broken yet but it has a little crease in there as if there is a fold at that point.

But since you have a black car… it goes unnoticed.

Hey Pcproa, nice/clean looking Z. Let see some more Z guys.

I saw a few nice JDM front clips in Montreal when I got my Z. I even snagged a spare front trim bezel for my 7" touchscreen. I believe there’s a heck of a lot more sources in Montreal for Z clips and engines. I went to at least 11 importers that were all within a few minutes of each other. I still have a few of their business cards somewhere.
If it were me, I’d sell your Z and get a complete RHD Z and save yourself all of the extra expense and work doing the swap. You can get a nice TT Z in great shape that’s moderatle modded for less than 10,000.
My $.02

Patrick, you just doubled the cost of your front clip by making those upgrades.

BTW, I need to replace one of my turbo’s soon anyway. Maybe we can find a deal on 4 new ones?? The 500’s??..600’s??

I got the front clip already for 2G and I’ll be doing the swap in the coming weeks.

Thanks for the info, but as much as it’s affordable to get a RHD Z and replace mine, I could never stand having to Daily Drive a RHD Z. My Z right now is really clean. I spent months searching for it, so I don’t mind putting in extra money here and there to get it the way I want it.

RHD TT Zs are always available at JI. The swap will prolly only take me a week. I just have to make sure I get all the backup items prepared.
Thanks for the info though

If you don’t mind the company, I’d like to help/learn as much as time/kids/work allows me. Been dreaming of doing a swap on my car for years. Cheaper to buy TT, but I’ve turned my car into MY car and I’ll have it forever. I’ll bring my own tools and Corona. Semi-retired so should be able to put some time in with you.:# :C

I just got My TT a couple days ago, and i love it