Hi and help plz

Hi there to all TNC members, glad to join. Im also 16 like mike-240sx and i have the same problem, im looking to buy myself a 300zx as my first car, i love all nissans and hope I will get my car by september. At the moment i have 1200$ i know thats nothing but i think ill have around 4k by the end of summer and im looking for a good tt 300zx and some advice for what to look at when im buying it.

Thanks

welcome dude

i dunno for sure but from wat pcproa says a 300zx tt will cost you a lot more than 4k, if anything you may wanna start with a 240 (a lot cheaper) and work up from there. of course thats just my opinion haha.

4000 will buy you a ****ing sick ass clean 240. But if you’re dead set on a 300. Go NA first and swap or trade up. Talk to popcorn he’s driving a ttswapped 300. Dead sexy

anyways welcome!

Welcome to the club

thanks for the advice, im hopeing to start out with a TT but if i must ill get a NA, my B day is coming up soon so im hoping to find a good deal on a TT and ask my family to pitch in the rest.

300’s are weaksause, (cept Pats) Get a Sunfire or something there pretty ballin first cars

and fast! :R lol

its ok i love 300zx, the only problem with NA is that id need help to make it to a TT, dont have the skills yet :frowning:

hey welcome
300’s are nice, but why must you need it to be TT?
tracking it? or just want twin turbos?

you are so young. damn, you may want to start with an NA 300z and worry about TT couple years down the road

and also if you havnt seen it yet, check out Pcproa’s NA -> TT swap thread
http://www.torontonissan.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=1989

gl with getting a nissan

last time i was at SPI, vic was talking about a left hand drive 300zx with a cracked cylinder head, i think he said something about it being 5 G’s. the car was in great shape too.

lets say you bought that car. at 16 you would prolly pay over the price of the car per year just for insurance. then there’s the money to fix it as well. i dont know you, but i wouldnt be surprised if you smashed it up within a year, considering you’re 16 and prolly still in high school. you also wouldnt have any money left over for a winter car.

it’s nice to dream, but a 300 isnt very realistic.

welcome to TNC

Roflcopter!

ahheemmm i think mine is still pretty peppy considering its mileage and the fact its not tt …pssshh

lol na ftw…no need to worry about help around here…tonnes of ppl willing…i helped pcproa out with his tt swap…even tho i didnt really know what i was doing haha

hey i was 15 when i got my 300…never too young haha…but just aslong as you dont drive like an idiot and ur smart about it

i dont plan to drive like a idiot, i wana take my car seriously (sorry i got bad bad spelling), well ok im turning 16 in september but i wana get the 300zx so i work on it in my spare time untill i get my G2 and can drive by my self, because i cheaked my insurance quote and it would cost me 1009$ a month with my G1, so ya im going to wait.Well i got some good friends that used to work at the place called MPS (mechanical power systems) were the owner owns a 1400hp rx-7 and i hope to learn from them, and from you guys also. Thanks for all the great advice and hopefully my dream will come true and get my TT 300zx :smiley:

haha sounds like a solid plan and people dont naturally drive like idiots, its a spur of the moment kind of thing haha you just gotta stay frosty as it happens regardless of which, get yurself insured to whatever you have at home with 4 wheels, the longer you have insurance, the better your record is.

ummmmm…have u not driven around in brampton? especially during rush hour???

Thanks for the Popcorn – Ninja TT love everyone.

Welcome to the boards… and I say those are extremely ambitious and nearly inconceivable goals to pick up a TT Z for $4G. Are you willing to pick up a severely wrecked Z for that price? I found a High KM TT Z with a salvaged and repaired title for $7500. It has every ideal option before hand (Black on Black Leather). I bought my weak conditioned NA Z for $6550. I spent $4G on a very harsh/rushed and unclean TT Swap, not to mention the thousands of extra dollars and time spent on making my car what it is over this past year. IF you do get even an NA Z for $4G expect millions of non-stop problems. (TT Z for $4G) == (300,000+ km, many accidents, tired parts and likely to be Auto). I’m not one to talk about driving experience but since it went unmentioned, THIS CAR WILL BITE YOU IF YOU’RE INEXPERIENCED. Grips like a bitch but when you lose it it’s HARD to get it back and it doesn’t usually end up in a happy or cheap experience. No matter how good the car is you will learn to see dollar signs at every turn. Good luck. Don’t mean to be harsh but
you must evaluate the strength of your desires versus the truth and reality of your desires.

BTW Not to raise your hopes, but at 22 I spend ~$150/month on insurance for my 1990 Nissan 300ZX as NA (They don’t know of the TT Motor).
In the same respect, my insurance company says ~$530/month on insurance for my 1982 Datsun 200SX (The don’t know about any of the mods).

I really want to thank you guys for all this help. I know my dream is a hard one to make come true but i rather try and fail then never try at all. Anyways i have some things to help me. Theres this driving course that happens at my school which if i take it will bring down my insurance 41% so thats going to save me sooooo much money. And if i dont find me a tt 300zx i would get me a NA one, even if it would cost more than 4g, which it probable will, id ask my family to get to pay for the rest, I plan to have my 300 as a project car anyways and i wana work on it as much as a can untill i get my g2 and then ill get insurance and start using it. And also half way threw the year i will be working for Mercedes-benz where i hope to learn alot and show it threw my car. My plans may change over time but my goal will be the same to get my tt 300zx.

Im looking at kiji.com right now and most NA 300 are from 4500-8000$. Theres also and TT posted for 7900$. I want to that one to maby be the one i buy. Its not 100% ill have 4k i might get 6 or maby 3. And i wanted to ask one thing, when you say winter car can you explane that to me, i have a good idea i just wana be shure.

Winter Car == Car that can be driven through the winter time
300ZX != Good Winter Car

(!=) == Not Equal

I too went through the same thing of finding Zs that low in price.
There was a cutoff point when I had to realize that for this car there’s no penny pinching. Pay more get better.
The Zs I found for less than $5000 had rusty undercarriages, high KM rebuilt and thrashed engines with limitless bodywork done to it. The best in the cheap lot was between a car that was all rust underneath, but the dealership slapped bondo all over to make it look like a good underside and the the spare wheel well was all fiberglass, to a car that was driven up from southern states with good amount of KM and fairly stock but had bad rod knock at one RPM.
I stress this again, good luck.
And that TT for $7900… of course it’s not 100%. Did you expect that for $7900?

ya i know its not 100% but its an option. I know that cars not going to be in the best condition and i plan to fix it, thats why i want the car, so i can make it better. Thx again