HID's

Is there anyone drivin s13’s with H.I.D.'s
I heared its a bit of a challenge to convert with the pop up lights
Would love pics if anyone has

Jay

I’ve seen one in person, when the headligts came on, they lit up the roofs of nearby houses. Sufficeth to say, that car is a major hazard on the roads due to its lighting. I’m sure that there are some S13s with properly aimed and shielded bulbs, but I’m also very sure that the VAST majority have crappy blind everyone HIDs.

Edit: Also, my friend just installed HIDs on his Mazdaspeed Protege this weekend, he talked about how quality they are, with the slim ballasts, bi-xenon, etc… etc… He turned them on, faced them against the garage, same story, massive amounts of lighting up top. A car with factory HIDs, even non-projector style provides a very sharp, defined cutoff, with absolutely no bleed above it. This is why aftermarket HIDs are banned, they just can’t compare.

i kinda wanted to upgrade lighting on my S13 this year… so i dont hit anymore deer.

anyone here have decent HID set ups on pop-ups?

Upgrade to Taurus brakes. (-10 for old/unfunny joke.)

mark, are you ever serious / helpful on here?

he lost all seriousness after getting banned multiple times

Check JDMpandas group buy thread, alot of people I know that have HIDs claim that the HID setups he sells are really good.

So at the moment im considering to upgrade to HIDs.

I bought a set from Ryan (JDMPanda) and threw them into the kouki stock projectors. If you’d like to see what they look like, I can meet up during the Wed West End meets for you to look. You’ll be able to see the ballasts, harnesses, and wires installed.

lol i have no problems, i’m retro’d :smiley:

look mom. i can see, :stuck_out_tongue:

can we say high beams?

What did you retro in there? That looks pretty good.

did u even stop think about how close to the wall u were ?

move back about 20-30 feet and tell me what u think

Bing, go to Crappy tire and get some GOOD H4 conversion housings, the Bosch ones. Then get a pair of PIAA Intense White or Xtreme White Plus bulbs. You won’t be disappointed, but that package will run you 2 bills. Other than that, HID’s…

so are you saying I’m blinding people? if you are, you’re totally wrong, there is no glare.

I find this incredibly hard to believe unless you’ve done a full retrofit of OEM projectors, or a full conversion with projector lenses.

Yes, some H4 bulbs may have the glare shield built-in, but in reality, I’ve seen this do very little for glare.

Back up the car a few feet from the wall and take another picture. I doubt you’ll get a razor sharp cut-off, but you will definitely see some “colour splash” on the wall.

these are FX35 projectors.
they are bi-xenon projectors.
there is no glare, straight/true retrofit. there’s no glass or anything in front of it, the cutoff is probably worst now due to water/salt and what not over the winter.
my headlights are permanently up they can not retract down anymore due to the projectors hitting the back of the upper rad support.

but if you truly want, i’ll get some wall shots a lot farther.

I do retrofits for friends, I’m an avid retro fan.

this is a H4 kit inside oem headlights. you can see glare with no sharp cut off, no plug n’ play kit can give you an oem retrofit cut off.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b39/nautica_t/IMG_1480.jpg

another retro i completed.

integra headlights with TSX projo’s.

03 accord with fx35 projectors, black housed to reduce glare from reflector bowl.

do u wanna bet?