Hockey Tournament

I know alot of you guys dont like roller hockey but I figured this was for a pretty good cause so it might be worth posting. I work with Kevin’s (the kid killed in the car accident) dad Jim who is organizing all of this.
If nobody wants to play on a team ill probably just show up as a single, but if your interested feel free to PM me or post.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/16674913/detail.html

http://kjfhockey.blogspot.com/

August 2nd (this Saturday) at South Park Roller Hockey Rink
8am -9 pm(times may change)
Almost all of this is subject to change, depending on time constraints and amount of teams.
-Games will be 3 on 3.
-The cost will be $15 per player.
-There will be two periods ten minutes long and running clock. First round games may be shorter, later round games may be extended. The time limits and whether there is a running clock greatly depends on the amount of teams. If there are too many, the first round will be shortened and the later games will be extended when it is apparent that we have enough time. (may change depending on the amount of teams)
-Games will have at least one ref. We are still looking for refs that will ref for free and preferably ones that have been certified.
-Penalties will result in penalty shots.
-Teams should have at least one sub.
-If you cannot find a goalie, a goalie can be provided to you. You may also share a goalie between multiple teams. The goalie only has to pay once.
Btw, goalies are allowed to wear shoes if you dont have skates or dont like playing on skates. We will also be playing with a ball incase you were wondering.

Thanks for looking

Bill

Damn I’ll probably be out of town Saturday but if it falls through, I’m there.

i definitely would do that, i just need to see if my old roller hokey skates fit me because i havent played in a couple years.

I’m in the same boat, I would play in a heartbeat if I wasn’t going out of town. Best of luck for that tourney though.

Wow they are having a tourney there …that place eats wheels and blades …I played down there when they had an adult league had 48 goals in 8 games let me know if anyone wants to get a squad together I can ask a friend to play

Apparently they just laid new topcoat on it and it’s really smooth.

And that place is nothing on wheels compare to greentree.

new surface ??? I live right over the hill from the rink …looks the same to me …

beastmode this is great you started this thread i was real good friends with kevin and this is a real nice thing your doing to expand this memorial tourney!

If I didn’t already have 3 Ice games this weekend I would be in. But if you guys get a team together and need 1 more let me know I could probably make it.

damn, wish i woulda caught this early so i could schedule off. if i didnt work i would be all over this. i havent played roller since PSU

Did you end up making it out this weekend. It was a great turnout, quite a few teams and we had a blast

Ah, Kevin. He was in my CAD class last period senior year. Cool kid.

I was actually going to head out to this, but I had some stuff come up about a week ahead of time. Good to hear it was a blast.