Homestead bridge...

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/traffic/13510380/detail.html?rss=pit&psp=news

great…that was a mess!

they are fuckin retarded for not making it with a divider. there was so many accidents on that bridge before… they failed again… way to go PENN DOT

I don’t get what the issue is??? I mean, isn’t it obvious that you are supposed to drive on the right hand side of the road. Its not like being on a bridge is any different. Right???

the average person tends to go brain dead every once in a while

Cutty is a civil engineer who has done numerous studies on the structural stability and traffic expected on the Homestead Grays bridge. Obviously, these studies have shown that the need for a lane divider is paramount. Please do not argue this fact.

Carry on.

it worked well on the glenwood bridge. i live two minutes from the bridge and have seen accidents on one side spilll into oncomming traffic and cause worse accidents. jersey barriers is a simple and cheap solution. you don’t need an engineering degree to figure out common sense, so i guess the squirell hill homestead onramp/off ramp is an engineering marvel?

Im happy its going to take me 30 minutes to get to work in homestead instead of an hour.

I agree. It seems, to me anyhow, that common sense tells you to stay on your side. But hell I aint never studied no damn bridges.

We should meet up for lunch sometime.

Aren’t they going to do the Rankin bridge pretty soon too? If we don’t move our office I’ll be completely screwed without that bridge.

I also know a civil engineer who has drafted, designed, and built many bridges in his time and may or may not agree with H22 blah blah blah. Not arguing- just saying. Depends on how you look at it.

haha yah construction sure does suck… where do you work? I work right up the street off of the bridge on west st in homestead.

Problem is, we live in a town where we need signs up that say “Stay in lane” and “Maintain speed.” Aren’t those pretty much the main part of driving?

edgewood/swissvale, so it’s either the rankin bridge or down the river through braddock (light, stop, light, light, stop, etc)