parkway feedback

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07156/791640-147.stm

i’m famous bitch!!!

nice

oh thats very interesting.

3 major projects within a 3 mile radius…not cool. high level bridge, parkway, and the work in oakland.

wow thats crazy.

they are retarded, I hate that my tax dollars goes to this shit

Yep, the excessive roadwork does suck, but we need it. Maybe not all at one time, but we do. I’m tired of wondering if that noise was my car bottoming out or the dude I tied up in the trunk all the time (potholes), and I’m equally tired of sitting behind some douche whose K-mart subs are playing ping-pong with thier license plate (traffic).:hahano:

everyone hates the roads because they have potholes or not enough lanes, but the same people complain when a road is getting fixed because it causes more drive time for them. ghey

I dont know how PennDOT manages to fuck everything up so much. Down here if they’re repaving a road, they have that shit done in like 3 days.

McKnight roadwork FTMFL!

I’ll try and snap a pick of what the hill looks like in the morning, far before the merge point and/or 279 on-ramp. Then you all can cry me a river.

Stop sign at the off-ramp to McKnight…ROFL…optional at best. gtfo. absolutely uncalled for lane closures.

bingo! In LA they worked a huge crew to get shit done over night. No one was ever disturbed. They would take a small section get it done and then move on.

i’m not complaining about them fixing whats broke but having multiple projects that overlap into possible detours is insane. Why in God’s name is the birmingham bridge closed for “preventive maintenance” when you need that to relieve traffic. its also real smart to divert traffic into a crime area like wilkinsburgh. the condition of the parkway right now is fine compared to the street of the city, i know one is penndot and one is public works but, since the parkway is always being worked on i have to use those roads that are littered with craters.

and if your worried about your car bottoming out. its probably not stock height, thats ur problem not the roads.

In defense of PennDOT the work going on with the bridges in those areas has to be done immediately because they are deteriorating…so do you want to suffer through the long traffic periods for a few months or chance the possibility of the bridge caving in on you as you pass under or fall out beneath you? PennDOT’s aim is to keep YOU safe.

Besides, it’s not PennDOT out there working (in most cases); those are construction crews that are consultants. PennDOT does the designing and these consultants are the ones that take their good old time.

the work wouldn’t have to be done immediately if the maintenance was done over the life of the bridges… period.

She, and those like her, are part of the f*cking problem. Don’t merge at the merge point and take your turn, no, get over and back it up for 1000 miles before hand.

What a jagoff.

i just heard on DVE there closing down the SQhill tunnels outbound this weekend

?? So the people who do get into the correct lane have to sit and wait for the people who insist on getting as close as possible to the merge point before they get over? Then the people in the right lane have to keep stopping and many of them don’t wanna let the cars in.

the birmingham bridge is totally unnecessary at this time. i’m sure its not falling down, the deck was in mint shape! part of the problem is we use all these evironmentally safe crap in building materials and the shit just doesn’t last like it used to. concrete is crap, paint is crap.

the major problem with the way people merge in this city is the way merge points are designed. the SQ exits is the most idiotic piece of engineering the causes most of the traffic delays on the parkway east outbound. on on ramp 50 yards before an off ramp!!! WTF. the lower decks of the ft pitt and ft duq bridge are another of the engineering flops in this city.

that lady is also a whore because she lives in aspinwall givign up fuckin short cuts on the other side of the city. now i’ll have every fuck in the world using the route for people that actaully live here there that need to use it.

Just close the whole damn town down for 2 weeks. Instead of going to your job, you walk/bike out to the closest road project and work on it. Get everything done ASAFP and everyone gets on with their lives.

Guess that’s about as likely to happen as people around here actually taking turns at the merge points.

:nuts: