Question-maybe stupid

So I think about this everyday on my way to and from work. I-79 North and South between the Pittsburgh and Kirwin Heights exits is 3 lanes in both directions, sometimes 4.
So let’s just say it’s 3 lanes. I am in the extreme left lane and there is a car in the extreme right lane, perfectly even with me and traveling the exact same speed. We both decide at the exact same time to move to the center lane. Who has the right of way, and who is at fault if we wreck.
Same scenario, but we both pass a car in the center lane, at the exact same time, THEN both decide to move (at the exact same time) to the center lane,
THEN who has the right of way,and who is at fault if we wreck.
When I got my license, I-79 didn’t exsit, and I don’t believe there were 3 lanes in one direction anywhere in the State. Heck, most of you weren’t even a wet spot on the bed yet.
So, anybody who knows these answers? :stick:

other car should not be passing on the right

why the hell are you at the same speed in the left lane as the right? you need to be in the right lane. are you from ohio?

in all honesty. i’m not sure, but always go faster than the other people on the road and you’ll be fine

I guess you can think of it in the same way as if you and the other car were approaching a four-way intersection at the same time. Car on the right has the right of way.

1: if your in the hammer lane ( left lane ) you should be passing everyone
NO IF’S ANDS OR BUTS. PASS !!!
2: center lane should be passing the slow lane, slightly slower than the hammer lane.
3: If you wreck, it’s both of yins fault for not watching your surroundings.
4: shouldnt be stagnate in the hammer lane.
5: ride the center lane, it avoids the onramps/offramps jackoffs that brake that become instant idiots. also kinda avoids the tards in the hammer lane that love to tail gate and flash thier lights saying to move over.

BUT---------------

For commercial trucks it’s different.

LEFT lane no trucks. ( 3 lane road one way )
1: if a truck is in the middle lane. You pass on the right side.
0r
2: if a truck is the slow lane pass on the left. but not the hammer lane just for cars.
0r
3: piss everyone off in cars and stay in the hammer lane :boink :guilty: :owned:

if a car is on the left and you come to intersection after them. It’s called courtesy and let them go. ( you said just another car and you ) :kekegay:

intersections ARE courtesy. no one follows the “rules”

Since were on traffic laws.

People need to start yeilding when coming to a interstate/highway
atleast use a damn turn signal. No turn signal No care, your ass will get pushed onto the shoulder. Even if i can merge over into the hammer lane. only Big Trucks get the courtesy :kekegay:

Fuck courtesy for cars

Also

If someone is on the shoulde Stopped for whatever reason, be kind enough to merge over ( just like the law for Police cars )

Left lane = passing lane

Keep right. Pass left.

Right on.

I add that if you are left of someone and not moving more than 5-10 MPH faster than the people in the lane to the right of you, have some courtesy and MOVE THE FUCK OVER. You’re not saving lives by acting like an idiot hangin’ in the left lane…on the contrary, all they’re doing is raising people’s blood pressure and making them live shorter lives. :smiley:

Three lanes= More room for the pedal to the floor

also if a emergency vehicle is on the shoulder you MUST pull the left lane…its a law that most people do not know about

what happens when all 4 come at the same time who goes first :eek4:

You just roll right through and let everyone else stop. :slight_smile:

True, but I said “at the same time.”

its the opposite eric. pull your vehicle to the shoulder if on a two lane road
(One way each direction) if no shoulder pull over far as you can with your 4 way flashers on. BUT THIER WILL ALWAYS BE A RETARD TO PASS YOU AND NOT SEE THE EMERGENCY VEHICLE before you. Use extreme caution.

If on a interestate go into the right lane nearest to the shoulder and ease up on the fuel and let them pass. Don’t stop or merge onto shoulder. on a 4 lane road ( such as rt-65/ ohio river blvd ) do whatever you can get out of thier way it could be your mother/father in that ambulance :boink.

not 100% sure, but i think it’s just courtesy to let a ambulance pass.
I look at it this way, thier doing a job and i will make sure in my/there best situation i am not involved in holding up that emergency. 5-10 seconds all it takes to make a sitauation normal to extreme danger.

In a very noisy commercial truck with even looking the mirrors much as possible can’t always detect a ambulance/police car. I can’t even hear my cell phone ring on highest, let alone a whaling siren. window cracked wind blowing in CB goin and the stupid annoying turbo whistle cant hear shit. CB talk of all things lets you know when things occur.

I had a police car chasing motorcycle pass me on the shoulder one time.
glance back check the mirror nothing, motorcycle zooms by in the hammer lane. 10-15 seconds later cop car zooms past on the shoulder.
didn’t see shit from behind. very fast moving cars/bikes are a danger.
drift a bit onto shoulder/other lane can be fatal. Have fun eric enjoy the 18 wheeler life :rofl: it sucks, but easy money if stay out the drama and take no bullshit.

Alot more shit i can say but, i will step off my soapbox.