Insurance Lawsuit??

A few weeks back i got hit by a guy with no insurance…my car was adjacent to his probably about a good 7 inches in front of his as far as front end to front end match up is concerned and i guess the crackhead didn’t check his mirrors or was too blitzed to see shit and pulled out on my driver side…i called the police as soon as i saw him(knew he wouldn’t have insurance). Cop arrives takes the information and just leaves saying he has to go to another call…wtf…North Braddock Cops are assholes who don’t do their job when they are supposed to and pull you over for not sitting at a stop sign for 8 seconds(yes 8) Well long story short…4200 dollars worth of damage…HL and TL’s need replaced…new front bumper…front and rear driver doors need new shells…i need a new front panel, some work on the rear wheel well and a new tire(got sliced when he hit). I’ve been talking to some people who have had things like that happen and they say it can take YEARS to get the claim settled…and he is a crackhead…who says he won’t appeal for months and months to come just to save his money to smoke it up on crack. Someone anyone tell me…start paying out of pocket with this new job i have and get the car fixed or take him to court…or both…Car’s in the shop and isn’t leaving till it’s fixed…why? My job involves a lot of driving on the highway and i don’t think it would be smart to take it on the highway before it’s fixed

Always carry full coverage insurance with a high amount of underinsured/uninsured protection. Especially if you cannot afford to fix or replace your car if it gets wrecked.

My car is brand new and i have full coverage(still making payments on car) i’m also 18 and i can only afford so much on certain policy “perks”

This happend to me once. If the law is still the same, if the other person does not show up in court three times, they will tell you to turn it in to your insurance company. After that, your only recourse will be small claims court. If they have no income, your screwed.

Call your agent and see if your company can cover the claim and then go after this guy.

Seeing dude was a crackhead(seriously not joking) he has no income except the SSI checks that he blows on the crack those are like 500 a month in most cases…

do not open your pocket book up. You will NEVER see it back from the insurance company. Thats just as bad as lending it to a crackhead. Get on the horn with you insurance company and raise holy hell the first time they try to make you wait. They hate paying out claims. But they love taking premiums. I would’nt even feel bad if you have to chew out a secritary. If you work for an insurance company you probably need belittled by a customer at least once an hour.

If you are fully covered let your insurance company handle it. Call them ASAP and give them all the info on the other driver that you have, including PD ph# and officer’s name if you have that info.

Yea i have all that on the police report…