I'm Being Sued!!!!!!

so a county sherrif drops off the papers today out of the blue. the people who i was in a small fender bender over a year ago are sueing for injuries. i’m so pissed because i know for sure that they are bullshit charges. my car was stopped (in the big snow storm last winter i couldn’t stop at a stop sign but stopped in front of their pickup) and they hit me at 5mph or less. they were perfectly fine right then and there. any insight from you guys and girls?

if they hit you its their fault not yours. as a driver your suppose to
be in controll of your car at all times. so if you were stopped and they
hit you cause of you were stopped cause of weather conditions. thy
have no case at all.

well, i did go through a stop sign since i couldn’t stop and finally stopped in their lane. however they could not stop and they hit my no longer moving car.

they still hit you. tell them to read the DOT drivers book again.
-YOU MUST BE IN CONTROL OF YOUR VEHICLE AT ALL TIMES-

you were stopped and not moving cause of the bad weather conditions.

its just like if you were a kid stopped in the intersection
and they hit the kid its their fault.
driver has to be in control of their vehicle at all times

Did they get medical attention on the spot? I was involved in an accident where it was deemed my fault. (bullshit!! but thats another story) Anyways he told the officers on the scene he was fine and there was minimal damage so we went on our way. Later he told the insurance companies his back and hip and neck all hurt. My insurance company asked for a copy of the medical records from after the accidnent - he had none until about a week later. When his insurance company got involved and saw the pics I had from the scene (digi cam was in the truck) they basically laughed at him. They told him since he didn’t see a dr. that he is basically screwed. He kept pursuining it and when my insurance company notified his that they were getting lawyers on it all complaints stopped. I haven’t heard another word from him, his insurance company, or mine. Your insurance company should be on your side assuming you have full coverage. I know my policy covers me for stupid crap like that up to a million bucks. Minus the deductable of course :rolleyes: Good luck, and remember, DENY EVERYTHING! hehe

yeah, the recieved no medical attention at the spot. and i do have full coverage through erie insurance… i believe up to a million bucks too.

In PA fist off they have 48 hours to go to the hospital. and then the bills are covered by the insurance company. It is by PA law that if you are in an accident your Car insuracne must pay for your medical bills (of course providing you have medical coverage included in your policy). Most people think that you have to have regular health coverage which is not the case.

Second Turn a copy of that packet over to your insurance company thats what they are there for. Then contact a laywer of your own incase your insurance company tired to screw you over since they are all asshole to begin with.

I had the same shit happen to me. Back in 99 me and my buddies were hanging out because everyone was home from school. It was real late and we were all hungry so we decided to go get something to eat at eat n park in New Stanton. When I was on my way home from eat n park I hit a car. This car was parked in the middle of the road with no lights on and there were no street lights in the area or they were burned out. It also was a rainy night. So After i hit the car I get out to see what all happen. The ass hole and the bitch in the other car get out to and start complaining about thier back and all kinds of other shit. So I start to talk to the guy and man I could smell the alcohol on him. I asked him why he was parked there he said because he almost hit a dog. I was like what and he said that dog right over there. Here what he was pointing at was a bush. So I said lets get off the road and exchange info. Meanwhile my buddies were still with me and were calling the cops because they new he was drunk to. So the dude get in his car and takes off. Lucky I had his plate number or so I thought I was doing the right thing. cops come and I tell them what happens and I go home. 3 mounths later the sheriff is at my door with papers. Yup Im getting sued not by the guy but by the lady. She was the passenger and was saying she couldnt work nor could she be able to do any fun activities. She was sueing me for 30,000 +. So I left my insurance deal with it but she was tring to get it to go to court but it never happened. This went on for over 3 years but havent heard anything lately so I quess my insurance campany settled with her. The bitch also was the owner of the car I hit and she also sued her own insurance.

you have a wintness right … a buddy that was there that can tell waht happened you know what i mean…i had something like this happen to me 4 years ago and beat it…

i hate to see shit happen to fellow shaler alumni…hit me up on aim if you have questions cause i know something you can do

I also have Erie insurance. They helped me pretty good. I don’t have any complaints with them. Give your agent a call and see if they can help you.

flee the country!

Originally posted by BlkP42E
flee the country!

there should be a caravan leaving blayner and darkstar you might be able to jump on it

i have a feeling that i can beat this. my parents are pretty confident that these low lives have no case at all.

i bump a crack head in north side and beat it

ummm, why are you being sued? Send them back and tell them to talk to your insurance company. :slap:

Originally posted by slowcamaro
there should be a caravan leaving blayner and darkstar you might be able to jump on it

i’m a shaler alum as well…

there goes the neighboorhood

Originally posted by slowcamaro
there goes the neighboorhood

which part? i live over by the high school, off of venango. did you hear they’re putting in a low-income, section 8 high-rise in Millvale? as if that place wasn’t enough of a shithole already.

welcome to westview

Originally posted by BlkP42E
welcome to westview

i hear that. west view was nice when i was a kid…