Car Insurance...

Heres the deal. Im pretty much getting raped on car insurance. I currently pay for liability 167 dollars a month to progressive for my celica. I called them today to tell them I moved and I wanted to ask them about adding another vehicle to my policy. I first asked " I just moved from moon township to aspinwall." They said ok because you moved to aspinwall your bill goes up another 30 dollars? WTF? So then I say heres my second question. " To add another vehicle (91 celica gt) How much more to my bill is it going to cost me per month?" She responded with 310 dollars per month. Woah! :jerkit: . That sounds pretty high to me. I think it has to do with my age I am 20 years old. If anyone has any insurance agents they can refer me to let me know. I tried A few little companies plus geico and state farm they all want around 300 per month.

I have Progressive at the moment and pay 145 per month. I had a reckless just over 3 years ago and turn 25 in a couple months…my insurance has never dropped in price with them. On the tip from some GP guys, I priced State Farm and quoted out 80 per month for the same coverage. I will be switching over this month.

you try erie? when i had my civic… i payed for full coverage on my 94 hatch and a 2000 explorer and it was around 100/month

and how old are you ?

erie is HARD insurance to get, but good insurance.
i have safe auto :rofl:
i used to pay 198 a mo. because i was stupid when i turned 16…
it has since dropped to 132 a mo. by the end of this month i will have all tickets dropped except 1 ticket from 2 years ago, so im guessing my insurance is going to drop again to around 80 a mo.

i was 23 when i payed that. i’m 24 now

woah just called safe auto. They only wanted 140 dollars a month for both cars :D. I think Im set on that.

i have erie…insurance is good, price isnt too bad… i dont pay mine monthly, they charge extra for that…i pay it twice a year

be careful with safe auto. heard cheap but royal pain to deal with when you have probs

Allatate here but a old fuck also

i pay quarterly, i just broke it down in comparison

all state, kinda expensive. They sure do one hell of a job though.

/safe auto aka section 8 insurance

I had American Independent when I turned 16, liability only…was about $150 a month. I switched to State Farm in August, it was $214 a month for full coverage. That was with a multi-line discount (because my parents had the same insurance, but different policies, all in the same household) and a good student discount. I was 18 when I first got state farm. It’s about 170 a month now, it dropped after getting a safe driver discount, moving, and turning 19. They also have a program called steer clear which will lower your rate. Basically, you log your driving for a while and turn it in to them, then they drop the price. I think it might go down about $15 a month for that. Forgot to mention, state farm gave me life insurance, which actually knocked the price down more on my auto insurance, so I’m actually getting the life insurance for free.

erie here kinda rough but always took care of me and my family quickly w/ new parts not repo crap

I also have Erie. My insurance is expensive as hell, BUT, its the cheapest Ive found. When I got my mustang, My insurance went from $1000 a year (full coverage on a 2005 SUV) to $1800 a year (bc its a GT and a convertible on the mustang). BUT when I looked at other insurances, progressive, all state and a few others, wanted $1800 for 6 months. I am 25 year old female, no tickets, no accidents, so its not like I am high risk, just the car I drive is. I do pay monthly, instead of bi-yearly, and they do charge extra for that, but if I am not mistaken, its a $25.00 service charge. So its worth it to me since mine is so expenisve anyways. They did send me a letter when I got the car, saying that normally they would not insure the car due to it being considered high performance, but since I have been a safe driver and with them since 1999 blah blah blah they would cover it. I also have renters insurance on there too. When I added that, my insurance dropped, but ended up being around the same price with that added on. Good luck!

If price is your only concern, then the best bet is to just get quotes from every place you can think of. They all have different ways of pricing based on vehicle, age, location, tickets, etc.

If customer service is a concern then you can compare based on what people say. Otherwise it’s just, “so-and-so is the best, I’m only paying xxx”. “No way, they suck, I paid xxx through them.”

My $0.02!

i pay 750 a year on my trans am and im 20

GMAC owns

for the truck,stang and bike i pay about 240 a month…not bad knowing my record

its thru liberyt mutual

thats who im changing too as soon as i get the Z… (if) i have my house thru them and i get 10% discount for being a penn state graduate.

yea they treat me good so far, i wonder what it will be like come renewal time tho