car insurance?

Well ive been hearing more and more lately, of people talking about how cheap their car insurance is. I think ultradriver said in a thread he paid something like $900 a year for full coverage on a red vette when he had some points.Ive also seen and heard of many other members paying cheap insurance as well.

Im going to be 21 in November, ive had no points. Clean driving record.Took drivers ed, and defensive driving. I pay $1100 a year, for just liability on my 1996 Honda civic.

with that being said, can i find a cheaper rate anywhere? and ideas thoughts?

just do what everyone does and shop around. go to the small guys that work for many insurance companys and see what kinda quotes you get. i pay $100 a month for a 05 civic with collision through Geico but i live in the city then i was in WS it was only 68 a month. maybe guy with the Vett lives way out in the boonies it all factors in

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56246&highlight=cliche

hmm thats true. I live in west seneca. If it helps at all ,I go through the wolf agency on big tree rd and my insurance company is autoone. I havent really shopped around much the people at wolf say they find me the cheapest and are nice people.

hmm ill have to look into geico , altho ive heard mixted things about them. +1 karma for the help tho man.

$319 for 95 legacy + 92 S-10, every 6 months thru Progressive

younger person + Civic + location= high rates, just a guess

$319 per 6 months isnt bad.Civics don’t mean anything, they are considered elderly people cars/ grocery getters to insurance companies. My age might slightly affect it, but I turn 21 in nov and will be out of the “assessed risk pool”. The suburbs are much cheaper car insurance wise than the city, so im considered a cheap rate area.

You have to shop around. No one on these forums can tell you what is going to be the cheapest rate unless they are an insurance broker. Being male and 21y/o is going to work against you, no matter what you drive. Males in general are considered a higher risk than females and the 18-24y/o bracket for males or females typically have the highest insurance rates. Again, because they are near the highest risk.

When you hit 25, shop around a bit more because your rate will drop a decent rate. At 24y/o I went from paying $800 a year full coverage on my parents insurance for an 01 Blazer. At 25y/o I bought the STI and my insurance was $700ish. I am sure if I stuck with the blazer, I would have been paying about $400 a year.

<---- works in insurance

Now, that said, I am 28 with a few points on my insurance, none on my license (points on your license and your insurance are different). I pay $635 a year for my 06 STI with full coverage, $500 collision deduct, $250 Comp deduct and 50/100/50 coverage. I dont have a lot of liability coverage as I do not own anything yet, other than my car.

Basic rule of thumb, if you own any property, house etc, you should be carrying at least 250/500 for BI liability. You have to look at is as CYA. The more property you own, the more they can sue you for if someone is severely injured.

YMMV

where in west seneca, i know there was a guy on here that was close to south buffalo and the insurance said he was southbuffalo for insurance reasons. i had a post a lil while back about geico. i was hit in a hit and run and there were real profeshional (sp) and had a guy come out look at my car while i was at work gave me a estamate and i got a check in the mail 2 weeks latter. like i said do some calling around yourself might take a few hours out of your day but may be worth it. and id wait will your 21 and see what the insurance you have not goes down too. might be enough for you not to switch, i turned 21 last Nov and b4 that i was paying quite a bit more

hmm im over on the boarder of Lackawanna and west seneca over off of covington.But im positive that my insurance knows its west seneca.Thank you for the helpful info man, ill just have to wait till november and do some shopping around. +1 karma for you

Im not asking people on here to tell me whats the cheapest place, there not going to know unless they work somewhere like you said. Im just asking to compare and ask if theres things I could do or if they know of reasonable places or agencies to look into. I do understand the age factor. I just keep hearing of people driving new sports cars with multiple points around my age and town with full coverage paying cheaper insurance than me for plain liability on my 96 civic and am just kinda wondering why and if anyone knows of any places to look into. I do appreciate your help tho :tup:

a Civic is one of the most comon stolen cars.

2007 Toyota Yaris. $900 a year full coverage with Gieko
2002 Trans AM- Dont ask :lol:

everyone is different with different companies. i have been on geico with my parents for years adn now i am on my own with them. i have a company car that i drive to and from work, done with school and have a degree, awesome credit, and dont have collision on my car so i pay like $40 a month. I ran the same quote with some other companies and seen anything from 50-190 a month for the same coverage.

Just use the internet and look up contact numbers for companies. its a pain but call someone for a better quote.

i just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico

no, rly, i did

Geico… 1000 a year for full coverage, and not the minimum liabilities either. Oh and I’m 22 btw.

Im 19 and i pay just over $1k a year for liability + comp w/ full glass for a 02 Accord. No drivers ed or anything…

Go to that place across from Southgate, I’ve heard good reviews about them. I guess its just a broker who will find you sick deals.

I must have misunderstood you. Otherwise to find the best rate, you just need to shop around. I found that progressive was the cheapest for me. But I dont really trust them. If I had a bit more expendable cash, I would switch to state farm. I used to work for them and know how they handle claims. But, they are a bit more expensive and some people dont like to deal with their agents as most younger people just want to get a quote on the internet and pay it… much like myself.

One company I would avoid like the plague is Allstate. They have quite the reputation throughout the industry and dont always play very fair. Ill leave it at that.

not really, integras are, civics are easy to steal as well tho. That has nothing to do with your insurance, unless you have theft and its brand new car. Believe me ive asked ive owned a gsr integra and 4 civics.
[/quote]

thats not too bad where do you go?

good idea ross im gonna have to swing by there one day.

no prob thanks for the insight on who to stay away from :tup:

Just don’t expect it to magically drop all of a sudden, yes your getting out of the highest risk pool, but your still not in the clear… it’ll go down a bit, but your still only 21, it’ll keep going down every year, i’m pretty sure 24 was when i seen the biggest decrease dont quote me though