ka24 custom itb's

a couple friends of mine put some heard about making itb’s for a ka24 for a 240 out of some gsx-r itb’s. we did a little research and considering we had an extra stock manifold we set out to do it. we got our hands on a set of 750 itb’s since 600 seemed a little too small and couldnt find any 1000’s but we got em, hacked up the intake manifold and they fit perfectly with some couplers. i got pictures of em coming soon but they bolt on perfectly. tons of room and you can run all of the vacum lines good. we were just wondering if anyone had some tips on how to run the mass airflow sensor. ive seen one video of the itb’s working but it said nothing on how to run the m.a.f. just wondering if anyone had any tips that could help us out.

Probably change it to a MAP, but you’d have to go standalone I believe.

Otherwise, build a plenum tank and run the maf of an intake pipe to it. You could try getting your hands on a set of GTIR sr20 ITB’s and try using some of those parts.

i saw a build thread a while back by someone trying something similar. If I recall correctly the general conclusion was the whole project was costly, time consuming and generally not worth the trouble. It is an awesome idea if originality is your goal. I just do not think ITBs play to the KA strengths.

itbs are great. All you have to do is fab yourself a plenum to go in front of the itbs. Remember, for midrange and lowrange torque you will want the runners to be as long as possible and the plenum to be optimally be 1.5-2x the volume of your engine, although 1-1.5x volume works well too.

I did them 3 years ago, on my civic it sort of went fast…it prob would have went faster on a reg manifold though…

:mullet:

I have a friend out in Moon twnshp that wanted to do ITBs with GSXR TBs on a KA24DE in a S13 coupe. I talked to him about ti and suggested to probably to switch to a map sensor and a standalone. But I think he decided to hold off on it due to costs. I think it was just more then he planned on.

I think if you designed the plenum and runners just right it would be pretty beneficial, at least to throttle response.

I think alot of people under estimate ITBs due to a lot of the DIY setups being poorly engineered. But what do I know.

fixed :rolleyes:

Turns out there’s a local shop that’s making them. He buys/sells alot of s-chasis parts.

http://floridadrift.com/viewtopic.php?t=17570

I had them on my SOHC KA and ran a Mega Squirt and a MAP. Its a fun little project, and its beneficial to change the ignition system too. I followed a thread on NICO back when I was building it.

back from the dead

Bring it back! Had any progress?

look on homemadeturbo.co they built a set useing gsxr tbi and i dont know if it will help cause it was for a civic but same general idea. cbr1000rr tbis are plug and play for a honda after you lengthen some wires or the 954 r cant remember good luck