ka24de itb

i am almost done putting together my itb for the ka24de. i have a safc which will be coming in the mail soon. anyways once the test peice is complete ,i was wondering if anyone would like to volunteer and test it out, still trying to get a upper intake manifold since i am missing some parts and a sohc throttle cable. who ever is willing to test out my itb will be payed-$60-$80 . wish i had a 240sx right now.

Interesting project:
How do you plan on reading the air flow? I am wondering because most people doing this uses a stand alone.

just wait till you get your own man. then you can do it right and not rush it.

safc i will be using

^ That doesn’t meter air. Are you building a plenum or switching to MAP?

Since you will be using ITB, you can no longer use the intake which house your MAF. The safc modify the maf signal there for this is totally useless to you.
Unless you build a plenum and retain the stock intake ( pointless IMO)
If you want to have 4 trumpets sticking out of the intake pulling air, you will need to switch to a map sensor which will tell how much air is going in your engine via pressure.
MAP can be be control by our ECU, therefor you will need a new ECU that can read MAP.

PS: Honda do it because they have map sensor, Nissan uses maf

I don’t know much about ITB but I know for sure that the maf isnt going to work in that setup.

i am in the works of completing the plenum.the velocity stacks will be in the plenum.so i will be a itb from a gsxr 1000 with a plenum over the stacks

to give you an idea

each to their own…

fixed haha.

I’ve heard of a few people doing itb’s on the KA’s, should be something unique and beneficial in some way, especially if your sticking to N/A tuning!:cool:

red line your in maple to.thats cool so am i. anyhow maybe we can use your car to test out my itb since i don’t have a car yet. check the other post in the lend a hand thread.

you sir need a flow bench and some more research, but good start, i think ur gonna find that ur gonne lose power as opposed to make it though, but hey +1 for learning something the hard way…

ps just a hint go to twn inductions website and see what they do in regards to plenum design

pics .tell what you guys think

Might work, probably won’t see any gains though…

Good first effort for sure.

thanks.almost done.will post more pics when its done.

Actually, if done right, Hondas (or any car for that matter) running ITB’s use neither a MAP or MAF sensors