ITB's anyone?

considering custom making some ITB’s for the miata from gixxer throttle bodies. they look sweeeeet

http://www.teampointless.com/apictures/rspeed5.jpg

im considering it for my swift aswell. would be nasty. miata looks sweet.

reviews that got my attention

“FujiRacing IRTB Miata launches harder than my 280 rwhp supercharged Miata did. Fastest car I have ever driven through a slalom”.

“Flat torque curve just like my Honda S2000. Throttle response is there immediately, unlike Bob’s car having to wait for the power to come on(Bob Palmblads supercharged Miata).This Miata is faster than any roots supercharger that I have driven”.

“Fastest normally aspirated Miata I have ever driven. I have never seen a tach move so quick from 3000 RPM to redline.Perfect for autocrossing”

sounds like i need them! when you getting yours?

:ninja

in a year or so maybe? I’m focusing more on suspension right now

I have a set of ITBS off an 07 CBR1000RR im selling.
PM me if interested. $100

always wanted to run a set on my 16v 9a motor that i had back in the day…

I was gonna run them on my Integra, which I sold, so I started makin a set for my Civic, which i sold too. so now theyre just sittin around

Ugh. I think that’s a common scenario. Picked up everything (or near everything you need) for a ‘custom’ ITB setup for my crx, started researching, got overwhelmed/depressed, gave up, parts collect dust/get sold. I have a cut manifold & cbr1000rr throttle bodies, injectors, sensors, etc., sitting in the garage, for like 2+ yrs now.

Or it might just be me…

You can sometimes find complete ITB setups with all you need to install it on CR.net (ClubRoadster.net). Price is usually $1200-$1700.

That’s a lot of cheese, yes, but it saves a lot of time piecing it together (and perhaps giving up on the project altogether as a result).

Another route would be to put the 2001 head (with VVT) on your car (it’s a 1.8 right? If not, swap one in!) and do the usual bolt on mods with tuning. It seems that you can get very close to what an ITB setup will have power wise with the same supporting mods.

The difference will of course be in the sound and throttle response.

hmm thoses might be just right. let me do sum searching.

KL or FE miata FTW!

FE3 with ITB’s FTW…well, its getting there, far from perfect though.
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x100/sapperburgin/engine2.jpg
(this was last year, looks better now)

BTW, Hey Nick, Im the guy that bought that stuff off your probe about a year ago, had to leave to area for awhile but Im back for good now, probe will be on the road in a couple weeks! And hell, this is my first post! lol

Wow, good to see you on here Bryan and good to see you’re back! I can’t wait to see the probe :slight_smile:

Haha yeah dude, Ill let you know soon as its outta hibernation! Im all done with the military so Ill actually be out and about this year. Got a few things I need to do and some more tuning but its plenty driveable now. MX-5, mine are actually for a 1.8 BP, but after some cutting/welding/porting, they came out pretty good for the FE3. It was almost a perfect port match to begin with. Syncing them had been a PITA though, but since I got a Carbtune, its waaay easier!

LMK before i do somethin stupid like make them work on my S2000… :ninja

hot damn that looks nice Bryan. What are you using for your engine management?

Thanks MX-5! Im using SDS, not the most ITB friendly system but I guess I like doing things the not-so-easy way (Hell, who builds an NA Probe anyhow? haha) Im tuning it by alpha-n (tps based) now but one things I wanna do this spring is revert back to MAP based. This usually goes against conventional ITB wisdom but I think it will be more streetable and easier to get it where I want. A lot of the top end standalone’s have a tps/map blend, which would be ideal, but I think I can work around the speedbumps. For example, SDS has a decent accel enrichment, so that should cover one of the usual issues of going MAP with ITB’s. If this was strictly a track car, Id leave it alpha-n.

u wont do it