Ls2 itb tuning questions.

Wondering of anyone can shed some light on some questions I have…(jnj,lz etc)
Called new era about tuning an itb set up on an ls2. They seemed pretty iffy about the whole deal, ha. Can’t blame them.

Anyone have any experience with this, or have heard any stories?
Car NEEDS to be on hp tuners and will NEED to be inspect able.

Is alpha n possible with hp tuners?
Is a factory ecu capable of being tuned via tps signal only?

I’ve already spoken to some people about this whole deal, no REAL answers.
Lots of “you don’t need those” “don’t bother”…I’m not looking for that, I want answers.

You could probably make it work tuning it speed density…Just do the 1 BAR SD OS.

Idle might be interesting since the IAC valve is built into the stock throttle bodies

Did you check LS1tech? I started searching I was curious about MAP placement and a few other things.

However it seems other people have done it on the stock PCM so rock on :tup:

I have searched. Very few results that help. Yes most do it on stock PCM so I’m pumped on that. I think the idle is going to suck balls anyways. Big dick cam

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

As far as map location…I’m going to have to make something I think. Great.

Find someone who had it work and PM them on LS1tech usually people are really helpful.

It’s probably out of the comfort zone of a lot people because they can’t steal a tune off the internet change a few things and slap it on your car.

What year PCM are you using?

i see only 2 issues …

1 … idle air … no clue how to make that work

2 … TPS … again … very doable …

what are you using for throttle linkage … if you grab a couple sets of busa,zx14, … etc … im sure that would be a great start to help

Camaro for now. 24tooth wheel. I can go any route I need to.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 AM ----------

Idle air is a toss up. Not sure yet.

Tps will be easy, as it just needs to attached to the linkage some how haha

I have the throttle bodies already, so no need to rape any sport bikes.

I said YEAR :-p

Yea the TPS I think there is some sort of cam gear on the linkage you can pull TPS from

There are such a thing as remote-mount idle air control valves…just need vacuum source from each of your ITB’s piped in to it.

Ha sorry. Not sure yet. I haven’t ordered a PCM yet. Waiting on advice from the person that will be doing the tuning.

01-02 F-Body

Stay away from 1998 :slight_smile:

I think this would be a cool/fun project if you end up tuning it yourself or whatever let me know I would love to come check it out and hopefully yell helpful tips.

Good deal. Thanks for the advice. Reasons to stay away from the 98 PCM? Just curious.
I’m going to need all the tip yelling I can get. Pm me, we can have a man date when I on the home stretch

Its slower…Has dual VE tables…Has a number of other OS limitations…Not many custom OSs…Can’t do live tuning.

01-02 is really the best when it comes to F-body PCMs.

Good to know!

Don’t worry, I got this.

I want to hear this. <3

this is a great idea :tup:

I think you might be SOL with HP Tuners, but I have EFI Live and I believe there is an Alpha-N custom OS for some year PCMs. Do a little research on the Harrop intake

http://www.harrop.com.au/eng_detail.php?prod=99-AMFD7817-00-55MM

It has ITBs but it also has every TB tied together for a MAP signal and IAC idle

But I have seen cars on hp tuners with itbs…just can’t get much info how it was done.
I would have no problem dropping the coin on efi live, if it was inspectable…

Just do 1 bar speed density with a 99+ PCM. Like LZ said 01-02 are the best… I think you can do Alpha-N with the newer PCMs with HPTuners. Pictures of intake and TB? I’ve always wanted to do that…

I’ve also heard alpha n with newer pcms. That’s what I’m shooting for. No photos yet. I’ll post them soon