Kinda interesting cop advice...

So my friend recently got pulled up…here’s the story-

She was driving from her friends house at like 11pm and came to a red light, aparently she was waiting for atleast 5 mins without a change in the light, and there was no1 around so impatiently she went through the light only to see a parked police car a few blocks down the road, before she noticed it was too late and he had pulled her over. He asked for the usual, and then kindly gave her a warning. This is the the odd/kinda cool part tho, before he left, he said that if your going to go through a red light, instead make a right on red and then a U-Turn and then take the right to continue on ur way. I found this interesting…so basically you can “veer” around a red light, just as long as you dont go “under” the light your fine? hahaha, oh well, i wonder how a cop would take that if i run through an intersection like that!
:lolsign:

I go through red lights all the time on the bike :slight_smile:

:picard: Do you really think he was telling you to just “veer” around the light?

I think that maybe, just maybe, he was telling you to legally turn right, then turn around and resume your route. :gotme:

oh god, this is news to you isn’t it.

Like totally oh my god? No way!

Sure, try that all you want, enjoy the tickets you’ll get for avoiding a traffic control device. :rx3:

^^^It aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall boils down to THAT officer. Its all about HIS discretion PERIOD. One cop that lets illegal tint go, another will want to rip you out of the car, pat you down, and search your car.

What about if you wanted to make a left at the red light? Then, you veer right, pull a U turn, make a right, U turn, make another right? Thats cool that she only got a warning.

yea ok people this is legal as long as there is no “no turn on red” signs, depending on if the street is one way or two way, and there are no, “no u turn” signs then make the u turn then the cop will have no bones about, most likely…this is not rocket sicence here people. :lolham:

Your posts hurt my head. Would you mind putting a tenth of an ounce of effort into writing coherent sentences? :tup:

lol at the exagerated waiting for 5min. she probably waited about 2sec and said “fuck it, noones around”.

but… but… teh million bazillion minutes!

cliffs: do something Less illegal if you must

/thread

whatever

People missed that “Avoiding a traffic control device” is an actual law. You can not legally make right turns to avoid a red light, nor can you shoot through a gas station to avoid a no right turn on red. Its not a very confusing title.

This is old news, I was doing this when I was 16 and thought it was cool.

Thank you for posting such a useful driving tip.

Now if u will excuse me I have to go pick up pieces of my brain that hit the wall when my head exploded from reading this.

lmao ok, now that i have 2 extra assholes from posting this…

i only posted this cuz buff state is…well…boring as fuck lol, so i had extra time and thought u might find this as stupid as i did, im not saying i do this, i kinda like not paying for tickets, maybe it was one of those “you had to be there stories…” oh well

well if the northbound southbound lights are red, and you want to go left…

1. turn right
  2. u turn
  3. proceed straight through green light to go your intended direction (left)
  4. hope that cop 1/2 way down the street doesnt see you …you know … the one having the bad day …

:wiggle:

Pretty cool of the cop.

LoL, with my luck I will go through all that trouble for making a left and the light would turn red the other way so i’d sit there to go straight.

:bloated: