lowering car via heating springs

200 is overkill if you’re willing to consider heating the damn springs…

get megan racing, they’re a SHIT TON better than your springs will be after you heat them

call varun

http://www.meganracing.com/products/product_detail.asp?prodid=189&catid=47

he can give you killer pricing

I didn’t even know you could do this, well I guess you learn something new everyday. However stupid it maybe.

dude i make enough money i dont care ill go buy them but why be like everyone else and have lowering springs and struts? why not try new things and be different? my whole car has been put together that way and it hasent failed me yet! i just wana try somthing new that no1 dose and see if it works. if not than ill go buy $200 springs. but i like to build my car not buy it. know what i mean? may sound stupid to you guys but thats how i like it.

What about your tranny in that mc dicks parking lot.?

Ugh…

Why? Maybe its that thing called safety and standards. Maybe its knowing that your spring wont snap on you in the middle of a turn and your car wont pop a curb and take out a mother and her baby, maybe its because everyone uses springs manufactured by professionals (well at least most people do) because they know their car will actually ride better (god forbid handle better) than the stock oem springs.

You want to be different, paint a batman logo on your hood, cut your steering wheel and wear a cape everywhere you go but please for the sake of everyone else dont go hacking up your car’s mechanical bits in ways that just dont make any sense.

I’m rolling on heated and cut stock springs. They’re great! I just tell everyone I have coilovers and NO ONE second guesses me. That’s how good they are.

btw. my car handles like a race car, too. I say do it.

hahaha

…shut up matt.

im going to!
what struts do you have?

iv done it before on machines but never on cars thats why im asking they wont snap trust me. the springs are in good shape and heating them dosent do much strenth wise for them anywho.

if you never take risks and fuck up you never go anywhere

So you want to do this to be original, because no one else does it?? I wonder why that is? Because its, retarded, unsafe and utterly stupid. People have been doing it for a LONG time, its nothing new but it hasnt caught on to anybody other then stupid ricers that didnt get and education past grade nine.

Why be like everone else and buy spring and struts?? are you serious?? The reason everyone has them is because they have been proven to WORK and work good, if they didnt why would people waste their money on them and not just go heat their springs for free? They dont just lower your car so it appears to look and handle better but they ACTUALLY make it handle better, How about that!!!

This is not taking a risk on your behalf, more-so on pedestrians and passeneger of your car.

so dont get in my car or walk the streets?

I dont think you understood that sentence properly, because your reply has nothing to do with what I said.

wow…

clearly you know nothing about how different metals work and react to heat.

if you heat your springs you’re going to change them…and i dont mean make them shorter. you’re going to actually change the molecular makeup of the spring. they’ll ride WAY stiffer, they’ll be 10 times more brittle (an inherently bad quality in a spring) and they wont have NEARLY the same rebound as before.

you know those cars you see going over bumps and look like they’re riding on cinder blocks? that’ll be you. except when you’re inside the car you’ll feel all the effects listed above. especially when you’re on the side of the road witha broken spring.

i’m not dishing out hear-say or guesses. This is what WILL happen. you’re car will ride like shit and handle even worse.

the entire purpose of lowering your car is to make it handle better…with heated springs it WILL handle worse than stock. And because of the new characterisitcs of the springs you are now putting your shocks through a much harder job of trying to control the crazy oscilations of your new springs. you’ll blow your shokcs sooner, be more likley to crash, and probably break something expensive on your car.

just buy springs. you say you have the money, so do it right instead of being a fag and coping out.

if you want to be different, then buy coil-overs and have your car corner weighted so it handles amazingly well…

btw i’m an engineer…so yes i know what i’m talking about.

1. thats what im looking for shorter and stiffer is what i want.

2. you cant rock coils in the winter. i was going to buy them but theres no point in dishing out the money to use them for a month then putting stock back on… ill buy them in spring

3. my boss (the welder and fabricator of 45 years) is the one who told me i would have no problem doing it. he works with metal heating it and such for a living so i think he knows what hes talking about aswell.

to everyone posting this thread is dead. im going to do it and im going to do it safely so no1 will get hurt and if your worryed about me hitting you or any of your family members ect… then tell them and yourself to say inside 24/7 incase i pull a ‘car blows up and hits a truck and flips killing millions because of weak springs’

that is all.

ignoramus-maximus.

ahahaha that made my night.

ok, please explain why i’m ignorant.

clearly you already know the answer to this because you are an engineer.

just for the record heating the spring dosent change the molecular makeup of the spring…

cooling it dose.

but im sure you already know all this right?

Like I’ve posted… thats how you do it. If you don’t wanna do it. Buy some actual lowering springs.