Sportlines and stock shocks

I am wondering if anyone has put lowering/performance springs with the stock shocks. I am not looking to do any hard track use, or drifting…yet. I am just looking for a bit more performance and the drop until I can afford the kyb agx’s. I am thinking this should only be for 2 months or so.

I am wondering if I can do this? Like what do I need to be careful of in terms of camber, blowing shocks, control arms etc etc. Can I just put them on for the next 2 months without any problems?

Has anyone done this before? Or done something similar to this? I would like to know what it is like and any help would be nice. Thanx!

Your stock shocks are not built to withstand the forces exerted by stiffer “sport” springs. The more powerful springs will cause the shocks to wear many times quicker, and blow much quicker, maybe even in 2 months.

I say wait the 2 months until you’re able to afford the AGX’s as well, and get them as a package. You’ll save yourself a bit of money and a lot of headache.

headache, backache, wallet-ache, PITA-for-having-to-do-it-twice-ache.

Do it right the first time, you’ll appreciate it that much more… and get camber adjustment for the rear, and get an alignment relatively soon after. days, not weeks

i made that mistake and dont recommend it.
my stocks blew within days. save up the money and do it right the first time.

I put my springs on while the KYB AGX were on order cause I can never
wait to install my parts :lol:

The shocks blew, cause they arent meant to handle those springs. You
will still get more grip than stock, but you should just wait and do it all
together.

Moved to Tech.