mad jdm suby spec c fire

JRZ Race dampers! :excited

oh shit you see that shit eat the rear window

I didn’t know Travis got another STi…

y is it that its more and more common now that Ej’s catch on fire.

Thank god i didnt get into the sti bandwagon like i wanted to 3-4 years ago

fuck me i know, what a damn waste there :mad

i think im gonna go buy one. :eek3

There are a lot more hoses and wires running across that engine than there should be. I’m not talking about the external resevoirs.

is this common in suburus or something?

Third one I know of including Trav’s. There looks to be a lot of shortcuts taken with this one.
I don’t get it. You buy JRZ’s and then do a sloppy job with the engine?

what is so sloppy? because he doesnt have braided fuel lines?

If I had ms paint I would try to circle some stuff for you.

The oil catch can is T’d into both the PCV system and the crank case. That is sending boost where it shouldn’t be. STi’s need a dual can setup.

The oil catch can has a breather filter on it when everything should be leak free on a turbo car.

I have no idea what that red wire is on the right side of the car. It appears to be twisted together and then wrapped with tape. It also looks to be going into the fuse box. :ohnoes

I have no idea what that white hose is that goes across the engine bay (meth?)

I guess the battery was relocated and I don’t know what’s in it’s place besides the external reservoir for the JRZ’s (more meth stuff?)

It doesn’t look like any Subaru engine bay I’ve ever seen. There is weird stuff going on there.

What? That is metered air leaving the system.

I also just found this.
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1695412
He appeared to have an after market fueling system. That might have been the cause.

Such a nice car. What a shame.

lol sucks

man these things are like a fire waiting to happen, remind me not to park next to any

http://forums.sidc.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=127979
Found this too.

not sure what started the fire and never will unfortunately.car was running fine,overboosting to 1.95bar
but thats nothing excessive.felt like it had fuel cut or similar and then an almighty bang,no power and a big puff of white smoke
stopped the car,first thought was oh well there goes the block,i’ll get it towed home and plan the next stage.
saw the amount of smoke still coming out the engine bay,jumped out the car and went to open the bonnet but
the fire was well under way.too late,greig phoned the fire dudes and ahem 30mins later they turned to put out the fire by which time as you can imagine it was totally fecked.

awesome video

no, my system is metered and i vent that shit to the ground… same goes for the tdi(s)

how bout this?

this is wrong too?

You also made 306hp at 24psi :rofl

I guess it depends on where the maf is, before or after turbo, or if it’s even using one. I know you can get rid of it with some SEM systems.

I’m guessing that car you posted has some sort of SEM.