megan racing turbo manifold

Does anybody know if this will bolt right up with out any other mods?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MEGAN-RACING-Turbo-Manifold-89-98-Nissan-240SX-S13-S14_W0QQitemZ190132771323QQihZ009QQcategoryZ33631QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a black top with t28 turbo and a 3in megan racing downpipe. Is the exhaust side of the t28 turbo a t25 flange?

Yes it will fit without any modifications. However, the runners end up being in the way of the stock oil catch can so you must either remove it or re-locate it.

T25/T28 are both T-2 Flanged…

… do yourself a favour before you buy a header that is cheaper then you can buy the materials for alone… do a search for SS autocrome or bings crap & chinese header. I know all of those will bring up many threads taking about the quality, or lack there of, of chinese stainless steel.

well they will work but just depends how long til the ss starts cracking… can be 3mnths can be 2 years

u get wat u pay for… its megan racing

sr’s alreay have stock catch cans? So if I buy a aftermarket one (ie greddy) I can now remove the stock one correct?

i think megan racing is american made no? ive only heard good things about there stuff too… anybody else know?

I had a set of Megan Strut bars and personally, the quality was lacking so I was more then happy to sell them.

it is not american made, it is off-shore, made in Asia.

however, a variety of their products are perfectly fine.

I use one of these off-shore manifolds, not a megan but it’s all the same, it fits perfectly and i make well over 300whp on it and have had it on my car for more than 15,000km’s with not a single issue with it.

as with most things you have to install them properly.

proper bracing of the manifold as well as good engine mounts and a secure exhuast will prolong the life of the manifold.

doing any less with only help it fail sooner.

try to go with the advice of people who have experience with the products.

there are dozens in use on this site, if not closer to 100 of them and I’ve never heard of anyone having an issue.

you can buy 8 top quality manifolds for the price of one low quality manifold, the good ones wont break, the shitty ones might. its your choice

there are other advantages to using top of the line pieces also but if you’re even considering a megan i dont believe any of those advantages are what you are interested in

i dont think the manifolds add a butt-ton of power anyways.

as for quality and the ever debatable “you get what you pay for” arguement, Sasha’s Silkroad manifold (retail over $600 usd) broke after just a couple races.

I’ve been rocking a knock off manifold which I got from Bing in 2005. After 05 I swapped to a bigger turbo (so more weight on the manifold) and almost 30,000km later… guess what, still hasnt cracked or gave me a single issue over 2.5yrs

exactly.

And if mine breaks, it costs like $200 to replace it with a brand new one or just reweld it.

I dont think Varun has ever had an issue with Megans, i have never had an issue with the ones i bring in.

Jesse busted his up but it was a result of an accident.

Just make sure the flanges are flat and dont use the gaskets provided, use OEM steel gaskets.

ya ive talked to a few ppl and they say the manifolds are pretty decent… so iam either getting a megan or this obx-r http://cgi.ebay.ca/OBX-Nissan-SR20DET-S13-S14-S15-Turbo-Manifold_W0QQitemZ260141897435QQihZ016QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

anybody know anything about the obx-r manifolds?

screw OBX.

If you get a megan talk to Varun, if you want the same thing without a megan badge i can get it for you.

i just picked up some megan parts, there is many reason why they are cheap however i do believe they are good enough for most cars. If ur talking all out race app, then yeah go bigger go better, but for street use these babies fit the budget, do there job, look better then stock, what else could u ask for with that price.

How about a stock one? Will NEVER break and probably a lot better than a megan manifold.

u think so? stock one looks like ass to me, and it doesn’t take much technology to make parts flow better then stock especially for cars 15+ years old. I think they are alright for the price

didn’t you add additional bracing to yours however?

Nope. Only thing I did that others maybe wouldnt have is put tac welds on all the bolts to prevent them from backing themselfs out and coming lose since things like to expand once they get warm.