Moped - Yay or Gay?

I’ve been increasingly getting the desire to buy a moped that does like 60mph and just cruise on it to work and such.

I was thinkin something like this:

http://albany.craigslist.org/mcy/2896911300.html

Sorry Ilya, soooooooo gay. Buy a bicycle.

You need to go to confession?

:rofl

Really? Come on…can’t be that bad. Some of them (Yamaha Zuma and Honda Ruckus) look pretty manly.

I’d have to vote Yay…Sort of…Although at the very least I’d refer to it as a Scooter…Mopeds should have pedals, like a bicycle to start off with…

:rofl :rofl

Isn’t scooter weaker/slower than a moped? Mopeds are the ones that do almost 70. No?

i think the ruckus looks cool. but they only go like 30 i think…

my gf wants a scooter. i told her shes better off just getting an 80s jap bike, but she insists on a scooter.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Get a 250cc motard, good mpg and doesn’t look totaly gay.

This.

If I’m going to get a 250, I’ll just get a Ninja :lol.

yeah, just get a motorcycle.

gay and dangerous.

TAPPED most of them might do mid 50’s… anything past that and the little ass wheels and tires are unstable as fuck.

Most of them have DRUM brakes! lol

total death traps. I wouldnt take one out of 30mph city roads. Just becasue one COULD do 55+ doesnt mean its ready for the highway. LOL

See…I didn’t know stuff like that.

I think I’ll get the ball rolling on getting my cycle license at the Hudson Valley thing and go from there. I’ll need to get my permit first before I can do that course from the looks of it.

yep. Get on a Honda rebel that they let you rip around on… you will see (if you have never been on a manual transmission 2 wheeler) its alot harder than you think.

those mopeds are just chincy machines all around. They are for fucking around on the boardwalks, vacation beach cities and car show parking lots… they dont belong on the the streets with real traffic.

im not sure if you have much experience on two wheels, but if you cant get in the hudson valley thing the motorcycle road test is really easy anyway.

lol specs:

2012 Honda Silver wing 600CC scooter $9200!!!:
551lbs! LOL HOLY SHIT THATS HEAVY 30+lbs MORE than an average 750cc cruiser bike! HELP I cant pick up my scooter! LOL
4.2 F and 4.5R inches of travel
14" wheels
little disks front and rear
46mpg

PCX 125cc 2 stroke $3300
220mm front rotor
drum in the rear
3.5 F 2.9 R inches of travel (no fat chicks on this one boys)
14" wheels
280lbs
110mpg

CBR250R $4100
250cc 4 stroke fuel injected
296mm front and 260 rear rotors. the FRONT rotor on the scooters are 40mm SMALLER than the REAR on this bike!
17" wheels with 70s tires (bigger tire dia + easier to control for the most part)
357lbs
77mpg

Looks like a normal sport bike from 10 feet away.

I dont know but the figure 8 is actually a challenge for a noobie on a bike. :skid

I’ve never ridden a bike (motorcycle) of any kind. I’ve ridden a scooter/moped for a quick lap around a parking lot and that was it.

Haven’t ridden a bicycle in like 10+ years…

:lol