New best for my car last night

I was bracket racing and hit the brakes before I crossed the line but it was still my fastest run to date. 12.431 @111.20. I don’t think it has much more in it.
Any more boost I put in is just basically back pressure from the stock head, cam, intake and exhaust manifolds I am running. I already have an exhaust manifold that flows 40% better than the one I have on it and I have someone making a custom intake for me. So over the winter I will get a ported head, put on the new manifolds and freshen up the motor. I am hoping to be well into the 11s next year. I also have a nitrous kit sitting in the garage if I really want to push it.

That’s awesome! Congrats

thats awsome slasky

Niceeeeeeeeee… congrats.

good job. at what point do you think you run out of turbo?

I hope he topped off the boost fluid before he went to the track. I would hate to think he ran out of turbo.

Love these cars.

Nice times.

:tup:

WOW, congrats

Very cool, congrats!

love it! my brother just picked up an 87 csx…time to have some fun with that.

Damn, makes me really regret selling the Omni now. I never even got to take it to the track

87 csx had the lightweight rods. if you guys are looking to go for broke, youll want to replace those first with T2 rods.

the endplate on the trans will need to be changed out for a stronger one or youll break 3rd gear. other than that, have fun.

congrats lasky.

spanky, you sold the omni? to whom?

Brian

I sold it to one of my good friends, another Mopar nut. He loved it since I got it and once I found out the rings were fried and the headgasket was blown after I replaced the turbo, I figured I put enough $ into it already after picking it up dirt cheap, so time to cut my losses and move on.

He is gonna check/ machine the head (if necessary) and put a cooper head gasket on, the replace the rings and clean up the rat’s nest of wires/ vacuum hoses under the hood. I was glad he wanted it becasue I know it went to a good home.

Now time to focus on the Daytona, I want to keep it reliable though so I’m thinking very mild build.

PM sent, trying to keep this on-topic.

I was more worried about the headlight fluid because if he ran out he wouldn’t be able to see on his way home…

motor is not original one. this one in there i believe is all t2 stuff with forged venolia’s. stage 5 19psi. upgraded injectors. needs an s60 and it’s good to go.

sweet. :slight_smile: ^^

Brian

i’m looking into finding a shelby lancer for my DD.

i better not see you driving a SL in the winter or there will be some roadside justice :wink:

Brian

Chrysler rates their super 60 turbo for 300 Hp with the complete super 60 package. I upgraded to a super 70 last year which is rated up to 350Hp. I am also running a .63 A/R Turbine Housing and a 3 inch swingvalve. So I think it should be good for at least 350hp to the wheels.

I topped it off before i left for the track.