North Hills SCC 2008 Auto-X Schedule

All autox’s are held at North Park Pool unless otherwise noted. Price is $20 per autox (non-member).

April 5 Drivers School/Test n Tune
April 6 Autocross #1
Apr 20 Autocross #2
May 4 Autocross #3
May 18 Autocross #4
June 21 Roadster Factory Event
July 19-20 PVGP Schenley Park
Sept 7 Autocross #5
Sep 21 Autocross #6
Sep 28 Backup date for autocross
Oct 5 Autocross #7 (Autumn Leaf)
Oct 19 MS Autocross for a Cure-Consol Energy Park
Nov 2 Non Points Autocross

Can you give a brief description of what the drivers school is?

Thanks . . . I’m thinking of getting my feet wet in autocross, maybe going F Stock.

I’m sure I will make it out to a few events this year. I so need to make a couple changes to move back down from SM to STX this year.

take it easy on the power steering this year :slight_smile:

Driver’s school and Test-n-tune is a non-classed, non-points event set up to work out kinks in your setup and get a feeler for how everything works. Workers and timing apparatus will be present, and you will get several runs during the event. Course layout will vary every time, so come out and have fun.

Sounds like a plan, that is what I need to get started.

Any other driver’s eds that are local to Pittsburgh area?

Drivers school consists of 1/2 theory time and 1/2 driving time. For the driving time, you are paired up with a senior member of the club with lots of experience and they try to match up the instructor with the particular car type that they drive and the students. They set up a big skid pad to run in both directions and they set up a slalom and run it both directions. Personally I thought it was great. I pretty much ran until my tires started getting slick and I was getting hot and dizzy. Later in the day, they add some elements in between the pad and the slalom and run it as a full course. It is very beneficial for anyone on the fringe of autox. You should definately come check it out.

How do you sign up for the class?

LOL, people were looking in disbelief of the whining coming from under the hood after a few hard runs.

Last year at beaverun they held the Evolution Driving Schools. But due to scheduling conflicts and some other stuff they are going to skip a year. Some good general seat time outside of NHSCC is the Steel Cities region that runs up at beaverun. Also beaverun itself has some low key autocrosses usually held weekday evenings that are great to go and get a good numbers of runs in.

Just show up in a timely fashion, no pre-registration required.

STX Gran Prix FTW :bigok:

Chris, I knew you would be by to spread the Pittsburgh racing KoolAid

I’m just a dealer, notice I didn’t even post the schedule first this year :wink: The SCR schedule will be along shortly its almost done.

Also Pat since I’m the Time Trial chief this year I gotta shift my focus a little, force that down people’s throats :blah:

all hail the chief! :bowrofl:

Force away…I can’t wait for those

any times for these events or are they like last year, drivers meeting starts at about 9am?

Should all be the same going into this year. Drivers meeting is usually closer to 10. Off their site…

Race day starts with registration from 8:30 to 9:30am. Tech inspection closes at 10:00am. Timed runs follow the mandatory Drivers Meeting.

NOTE: There is a requirement by the Park District that we limit our events to 150 cars. We will close registration if the limit is reached before the 9:30 AM deadline.

cool, i’ll be coming down along with about 10 people from my class. also can i get their website?

You can find info here Chris.

http://www.steelcities-scca.org/solo2/chairReports/2005_05.html

Awesome ill def be at the driver training really trying to get a feel for the S2000 cant think of a better way