AutoX school

Just checked the schedule and it starts May 14th. Cant wait!!!

where, how much, how many classes?

It is all day on May 14th at the North Park pool parking lot. Just show up at like 8:30 to tech in.

Oh ya…it was 20 bucks last year…maybe 15.

its educational, from what I remember last year there was not a timed coarse. It was more of a 1 on 1 with the driving instructor. IT would be a good time to do some short shifting :bigok: haha j/k

Usually the club has 2 different courses set up in the morning, a skidpad type section and a slalom type section.

Later in the day they usually link up the courses with the timer and run basically a mini-event.

I’m not going to be able to make it myself, as i have prior arrangements.

I’m one of the chairmen of the drivers school and have been doing it for that last few years. It is far and away the best way to get an introduction to autocrossing in the area. We break the students into three groups and have two driving courses and a classroom session. You will have learned all the basics od autocrossing by the end of the day, I guarantee it.

If you are even thinking of going, I’d suggest you plan to get there early. We will have good (warm at least-can’t say about rain) weather and we expect a good turn out. If we exceed our limit, people will be turned away.

Hey Jim whice one were you last year? I was in the red WS-6 and my g/f was in the black eclipse if you remember? Last year was so fun…I can probably say it was one of the most fun days I ever had. I will be there for sure this year.

i would like to come, if i get a set of wheels and tires by then!!!

just run the ZR1 wheels and tires the back tires are already shot so u don’t have to worry about burning the new ones off :burnout:

they’re not mine anymore, they’ve been sold to greenZ.

I need schooled, I’ll see yins there.

you guys do know this only open to people with autox experience of 4 events or less right?

Actually, we’ve been letting people participate as long as they have less than a year of experience.

I only got 2 under my belt! :burnout:

thanks for the correction jim. i wasnt aware of that.

This sat.!!! Who all is in!!!

I’ll be there instructing, lanky redhead kid with the funny hat.

cool…look for me…I’ll let you run w/me so I can get schooled

i might be there helping out/instructing if needed. not sure ill be able to make it though. i got a lot of stuff to do this weekend.