Novice Bike: Ninja 250R - input/comments

To me riding a slow bike fast is the same if not worse than riding a fast bike slow lol.

250R 1/4- 14 seconds or so FULL bore

600- Low 11 sec capable. Even babying it a “noob” could rip off a 12 sec all day long.

So riding a fast bike slower is still faster lol

How many miles did he ride for? Twisties are not the ultimate determination of rider skill, it’s track days and moments of panic that really show how much control you really have.

pocono? no i dont road race sportbikes, it is something i would like to do at some point in my life but its not a priority, to tell you the truth i think i would do rather well b/c i do have natural talent on bikes, i raced moto x for years, all the way to amature nationals, i did the stunt thing for a while and ofcourse i kill the streets/ twisties ever time i ride

haha…dont change the subject!!!

Umm he had over 12k on his 06 gsxr 600. He never brought the bike to a track because he just didn’t care about racing people on a track

But awhile ago it was the twisties and not the 1/4 mile. What is it?? God damn lol

And he rode it more than most bikes on here have…

Can you launch your bike at 14K rpm like him??

You started it

No its not. You cant WOT a 600 through a tight corner like you can with the 250R. Not at a begginer level.

Take two begginer riders. Put one on a 600 and one on a 250R. Put them through the twisties. See who makes it to the end.

You’re not following.

And please get your fact’s straight.

Every new 600 is capabale of low 10’s in the 1/4 mile, and last years model R6 was known to hit 9’s with a strapped down front end and sprocketed rear. (200$ worth).

94gt… any responses to the Corvette comment? You guys seem to relate better when it comes to cars, so I’ll keep coming back to it.

Depends on each rider dude. Thats wayy too vague…

It depends on their back round. A beginner can be some one who has never been on any 2 wheeled vehicle or some one like Tony who has experience on dirt bikes…Its all in your comfort level and personal preference. You can argue this topic for years but it will change for every single rider

You can’t say someone who rides dirtbikes is a beginner.
A bike is a bike.

No way new 600’s are cracking 9’s stock. I find that very hard to believe. High to mid 10’s with a 125lb PRO rider…yeah.

The corvette comment, yeah if you were responsible with it you would not have a problem imo. I started out with a “fast” car and i got used to it very quickly and learned fast. In the meanwhile ill drive around kids that started in a 65hp VW Thing.

For the record. No good rider will ever claim that he’s a good rider, he will simply prove it. Talking the talk is easy.

Just like the typical guy that claims he can get any chick he wants but you see him single, while the guy that can actually get any chick he wants doesn’t waste his time talking he just does it.

I agree that it is personal preference. So why argue the point of getting a 600 over the 250R? He can’t go wrong starting out on the 250R but it could be possible the 600 is too much for him. Remember the OP only weighs 130.

I didnt say dont buy a 250. If he wants a 250 and doesnt feel that a 600 is a good bike for him then by all means buy the 250. If you are going to go down you are going to go down. The bike you are on will not change the fact you fucked up

im sure ricky carmichael and jeremy mcgrath, nicky hadden will all say they are good riders.

Google “Ricky Gadsen R6”

9.93 Sec E/T.

It seems to me that something that you have to worry about balancing all the time and goes in the 1/4 mile then any production car ever made including the multi-million dollar machines is something that a person should learn on.

So you’re still saying you would NEVER break the traction in the 800whp Corvette? Not even once if you tried hard enough?

One time is all it takes on a bike for you to end your life.

One time, one mistake, one loss of traction.

I rode for 3 years on my SV and put 30K miles on it, rode the 636 for less then 1000 miles and came within a centimeter of losing my life.

Not saying it’s true for everybody by any means, but it’s supporting my point.

Thats a bit subjective…

True but as a begginer I know that my confidence grew fast. With a 250R there a lot of mistakes you wont make if you were riding something bigger. It actually limits you until you are ready to move up.