Bike Riders look inside...

Looking just for feedback from the guys who ride on here/have experience.

Ive owned an 89 Ninja 600R all last summer, put 5k on it, never dropped etc. I never rode a motorcycle before then and I learned everything i know on that bike. My cousin who i rode with all summer had an f4 and i got a couple hundred miles of experience on that as well, along with an 03 katana 600. Basically what im getting to is i’ve rode a few rockets, all of them 600s. I have a very very sick deal lined up on a 929rr that would be retarded to pass up, but ive never driven one nor any bike to that magnitude. My questions are me being 5’9, 175lbs, am i going to be able to handle the extra weight/size that im used to on a 600? I dont want to have to pussy cornering, if thats the case im going to stick to the 600s. Either way i might end up waiting til spring to make my decision, but like i said i have a great deal lined up so i was starting to think about it.

Another issue im thinking about is i ride alot with the gf or a girl on the back. Me thinks that a 929 + girl on back = too much weight for little guy like me. Should i stick to 600’s? Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

New Gen :headbang:

There is no way to know until you try. If you are unsure of your skills stick to the smaller bikes. If you think…scratch that… know you have what it takes, then step up.

As for passengers, it doesn’t matter what they weigh. The important thing is that they know how to be a motorcycle passenger. You need to tell them how to hold on so that you are both comfortable, how and when to lean with you, what not to do, etc. etc.

You could have an 80 lb girl on the back, and if she doesn’t lean and position her body where and when she is supposed to, you will have serious problems.

i ride a 954, although i have way more miles/ bikes under my belt i started on an 86 ninja 600 then went to a 2000 ninja, and how i shouldnt recomend you going straight to a liter bike, the weight issue shouldnt be a problem… i weigh 145 lbs and am 6ft tall… weight has never been an issue, btw… i put about 13k on the 954 this summer and 10 k on my 2000 ninja about 1k on the 86 and prolly 5k on my friend/friends fathers bike when i was first learning… what 600s are you looking at? vs whats the SWEET deal of a 929… miles, price, mods, color?

btw the weight of a 929 is prolly equal or less of the 89 that you learned on… but the power difference is about 2-3x as much power… its going to be a lot torqueier and your going to have to respect it more… but the suspension on the 929 will be much better than the stock 89, power will be amazing… prolly about 132 hp at the wheel vs your 89 which had about 70ish if that… the 929 will power up in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd with a little help,… just be careful…

What does your head tell you? Can you honestly say to yourself you will slowly learn how to adapt to the new power? If in the back of your mind you think it will be too much and you will try to do something stupid then you probably will. The weight, etc doesn’t really mean much. I ride a 450lb+ liter bike w/140rwhp and weigh like 145lbs, the weight has never been an issue. The power, I had 3 years on a 600 and 10 years of motocross before moving up to it, but even still it wasn’t something you couldn’t handle if youre smart about it.

you will be fine i jumped right into not ever drive a crotch rocket to buying a brandnew r6…i never dumped it once or even came close. as for corning i slowly as the summer went on went a little quicker,little lower. dont be afraid of the bike its all in how you drive it.

i think you could do it

well the reason i asked for opinions on the 6 vs. 9 is because i went to pioneer and sat on the '05 r1 and then i sat on the '05 636 and felt way more comfortable on the 636. I dunno its just how i felt with the reach n all. But at the same time i want the extra power. I dunno im just pondering, i change my mind way too much. Ill probably step it up to the 9 but we shall see.

i personally cant stand having to rev the piss out of 600s to make power anymore. i love having so much on demand torque and not have to worry about what gear im in.

i don’t think you will have a problem, it will just take some time to get used to the extra power. good luck with the new rocket!

the ergo difference is from the diff. manufacturer/model, not because one is a litre bike and one is a 600

you still have a bike walter?

yup

just respect what ur riding

:tup: New Gen 4L

same with you, and take care of my bike brotha :wink: we will be ridin together come spring, dont worry

New Gen

If you don’t get the fabulous deal on the Honda, I know where you could get an astounding deal on a Kawasaki…

Seriously…

MINE!

i want another kawasaki, pm me actually

toms kawi is SUPER clean… bump for tkkleman