NYSI for a car that has a standalone

If some one wants ill offer my evo :stuck_out_tongue: it passes just fine as long as I leave the DP closed.

Already working on itā€¦ just need some actual time to devote to it and some $$ to prototype it.

false. there was a guy in the falls who was doing this at his shop he got 3 fines for every car he did this on 21000 later He will tell you it was a dumb idea

lolā€¦ wheres Pauly?

:locutus:

its

:krazyjon: noob

Trueā€¦ i did this 2x with my tiburon at an undisclosed shop, and it worked both timesā€¦ NO way to track thisā€¦ unless you get caught in the act and even soā€¦ there is no way for them to know how many other cars you did because all of your ā€œpassesā€ would be fineā€¦

BUT you cant scan a pontiac grandam for a evoā€¦

each car has its own readyness lights etc that make it uniqueā€¦ so if the pontiac grand am only has 1 set of cats, but your ls1 has 4 catsā€¦ they will throw a flagā€¦

this is why the guy in the falls got caught, he was scanning ALL cars in his shop with ONE donor carā€¦ so none of the readyness lights matched up with the mule car.

but if you scan another tiburon to substitute for a tiburon the readyness indicators will match up, and the car will pass 100%

Yup, I know someone who did exactly this, and still doesā€¦ He bought 2 of the same car for this exact purpose. One heavily modded which in no way-shape-or-form will pass, and one lightly modded to where it still passes with no issues.

If your stand-alone doesnā€™t use the ECU/ECM, just find someone with the same car, and plug your ECU/ECM into their car, have them drive around for a while and take both to the shop; that way the VINs will match even if the ECU is in another car. Although they donā€™t scan for ECUs, it is another way ā€œaroundā€ the system.

false we were doing it to we would also use same make of the vehicle. you see i already suggested this in the thread. I work for one shady person.Someone here who I told where i work knew exactly what we were doing.

you dont need to put your ecu into their carā€¦ NYSI machines do not pull VIN data from teh ECU because of the issues with junkyard ECUā€™s etcā€¦ thats why it does readyness comparisons

I know a jeep dealer had a clean ECU with the readness set and had it hard wired to an obd2 portā€¦ to the dmv machineā€¦ they ran a ton of trucks the DMV showed up saying the Vin for one truck showed up too many times and made them bring all the trucks they passed back in.

Register it out of state.

lol yeah you aint kidding

At this point your best option might be a heatgun and a car with a valid inspection. Then just take that car anywhere to get re-inspected.

Iā€™m kidding of course. (or am I???)

heatgun doesnt work that well. making the sticker really cold (but dry) and a fresh razor blade works the best. the winter is your friend for this.

another one that works is to get it really wet and warm and then dry it. peels right off.

i dont know how i know that though.

Brian

yea im gonna need some one to be :snky: when it comes to my car as wellā€¦theres no cats, so ill slip emā€™ some loot and have em look the other way lolā€¦cant say i have the standalone problem, but that def sucks donkey dickā€¦i didnt think the NYSI scanners pulled the VIN from teh ECUā€¦just made sure there werent any codes coming upā€¦

I was in tonto for the last few days. I love these threads. Its a good source of entertainment for me. Especially when you guys have no idea what your talking about. LOL

I can give general info. but i wont go into specifics of how the NYVIP machine works. Thats called Job security. Not that i dont have enough work to do.

I will give you this much- Registration based enforcement has begun. What that means to you is if your re-registration is due the DMV system will check to see if your car has been inspected within the past 12(or so) months. If you have not had it inspected will will not be able to re-register your car.
Theres a reason i like dinosaur era toys. Know what i have to haveā€”PCV thats about it.

Yea i am in the same boat. My car will not pass inspection and my reg is due soon. However, to renew my reg i need to get an emissions test and what not. Looking like options are slim. Get the car to pass or i donā€™t know what.

Isnā€™t there a way that NYS can let you pass even if it fails the computer part? I thought I read somewhere (might of been this site actually), where if you can prove that you had $500 of repairs done and the car still doesnā€™t pass, that theyā€™ll pass you for one year. Can you clarify?

My thinking is $500 of repairs or $500 of mods. Maybe they couldnā€™t tell the difference?!? Maybe Iā€™m just being optimistic.

Itā€™s $450.00 and called the waiver program. You do neeed to watch this as well as it is monitored closely too. download CR-79 (from NYSDMV.com) and read section 79.25. What it states is that the car must first fail an inspection. (first being the big part), then it needs to have $450.00 worth of emissions repairs (that apply to the failure reason) then upon re-inspection it can be waivered. Its a little more involed than that but thats the general idea. The invoices are required to be attached to the waiver document that prints out from the machine and the station that keeps the paperwork. Now i know some of you are thinking you could fake receipts. well dont thats called fraud. And it could turn criminal in that YOU and the stationed signed a state document (waiver sheet) and lied about the repairs.

this is why I purchased a 1979 911 (930)
Good luck I have been in your spot. got tired of finding loop holes.

This is only a one year thing correct? the following year this will not work i believe?