Inspection?

My car’s a 95 and has a straight 2.5 inch exhaust with no cat. Is there any way i can pass it or does anyone have any hookups they’d be willing to share? any help would be appreciated. If you want to keep it private shoot me a pm.
Thanks.

I could be wrong on this, but if it’s Pre-OBD II (or even post as long as it’s not throwing a code) I think all it’ll need is a visual to pass the cat check. Maybe just grab the heat shielding off a cat and tack it on there just for the inspection.

PM Pauly

Sure i’ve got a couple books of stickers in my brief case, anyone else need one? LOL

i could use them all i wanna cover my back window so i dont get tickets

95? I wouldn’t even look at the exhaust…I know I’m supposed to, but meh.

in for just putting the shell over the pipe.
Pre 97 in Ny is mostly visual.
I don’t think they have to pass emissions.

When my 95 got inspected back in November, they didn’t even look under the car. I think you’ll be fine.

LOL sherm you dick

No i dont, why not just put a cat back on

:biglol:

yea i doubt they’d even look, its a 95 as long as your brakes and lights work they’ll slap the sticker on

they all work but every time ive inspected any obd1 car around here theyve checked.

i wouldve done that by now lol but the old cat was cut off and a new piece of piping was welded on at hybrid.This is the only exhaust i have for the car.

PRE-96…technically they have to have a cat…or atleast appear to have one…its part of the visual

it depends where u go to. most places check everything. i would tack the heat shelid to the top and bottom and then throw some clamps to make it look real. or if u know someone that does that stuff have them pull a helen kellar on the car. lol one of my cars passed only cuz of that lol. so ya its all aobut who u know. but if not do some welding:thankyou:

lol hellen keller.Id do that as well but i dont have the stock head sheild or anything because i only have the 2.5 inch that came on the car.

I’m sure midas has plenty laying in the back…

I thought that as long as its not throwing any codes or the check engine light isnt on you will pass??

nopeeeee has to have what ever emissions the car came with to be there and not be tampered with.

i shot him a pm he never called, either way NYS inspections are a fucking joke, no one gives a shit, prolli cause 90% of the inspectors including myself make shit for doing them, throw me a wegmans sub and the car doesnt even hafta be in my shop