So can you do catless here or ???

Question: can you get away catless here or not? I just ordered a '12 WRX hatch and am already gathering mods and am wondering if I can get away with a catless DP or not. On my Si I never had an issue with the race header. . . it did have a HFC but I had to disable (via tune) the rear O2s to get rid of the CEL. If I have a catless DP, but have no CEL, will I pass inspection?

Sorry for the newb question. Haven’t been in NY long enough to figure it out. In FL you can pretty much do whatever you want. I’ve been getting tint tickets like no ones business lately and on my new car I want to avoid expensive recurring tickets. Should I worry about State Patrol in this regard (they are the ones that keep nailing me for tint)?

I smell

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gcxKDSNAVB4/TH6mixuIAmI/AAAAAAAACSs/x18lUowQhz0/s1600/bacon2.jpg

yeah pretty much no one cares if u have an exhaust on your car

you’re good bro.

pm me about this stuff, as i have a 2009 wrx hatch with a full turbo back exhaust

just give him a call corey, im sure the number is 911 or something

oh yea my bad, forgot. calling him now.

PM’d. Thanks.

as long as you take it to somebody you know for inspections and theres no CEL youre good.

I don’t “know” anyone unfortunately. Maybe a catted DP that’s been hollowed out is the best bet. Or maybe i can live with a cat…

Hollowing out a CAT is a bigger offense then not having a CAT

PM slowmarro… he can tell you everything you need to know about inspections

No cat is not legal lol ,if u hollow out the cat and there is no c.e.l. your good to go seeing as were not gonna look and see lol . By legal standards both are crimanal and ya can be charged with tampering with a emmisions controll device and its federal lol . Will anyone call the cops on u ? No but it can be a headache with a catless d.p …best bet if ya don’t know anyone is to get a carted d.p hollow it and make sure the downstream o2 sensor is fooled so no light comes on

Best bet is if you do go catless, you will need a tune, and the tuner should be able to disable the codes for catalyst inefficiency and/or O2 sensors. Still passes NYS OBDII inspection easily and anywhere, just may not do visual.

Depends on where you go. The dealer gave me shit for having a hi-flow cat with no-cel and the tech wouldn’t pass my car, went to Jiffy Lube and it passed in 20 minutes.

Well the dealer would know exactly what factory stuff should look like so that’s not a big surprise lol.

Out of curiosity what happens when you fail? They just say fix it and come back?

If ya fail and your overdue we scrape sticker and your screwed . Till ya get it straightened out

catless here on the dd , gotta know someone or use a fake one, and have the pcm tuned to not throw the code.

OP, how much of the MAD hp you might or might not have on your car do you think you will lose?

More than I can fathom ATM.

Get the catted d.p man . Untill your making serious h.p,s no need for no cat . Despite popular belief cats don’t rob any power