Need to get inspection tomorrow...?

I’m trying to get my WRX inspected tomorrow. I need a hook up since I’m not running any cats (and can’t put them on since they’re in Long Island). Any one know a place…preferably in the Northtowns near UB?

lol…i have yet to see one of these threads work. im in a similar situation lol…so someone pm me as well.

CEL cuz of the cats? I have never had a visual inspection ever in any of the 9-10 cars I’ve had. If no light, then you shouldn’t have a problem.

Uhhm, who wants to pass a car with a bad e-brake and an intermittant horn?

Haha, PM meeeeeee.

Noit like anyone will.

yeah I didnt have any luck on here either, few leads but nothing that went anywhere

Might want to go ahead and throw those cats on…

I don’t have any CEL. Don’t they do a sniffer test though? I know they do one back home. :shrug:

I can’t just throw my cats back on…they’re 440 miles away.

i dont believe they do sniffers here. atleast the last time i checked. for me personally, i just need to avoid the visual aspect of no cats. my tuner took care of any codes etc, no CELs, and its ready. putting cats back on for me is not an option.

Yup, we’re pretty much in the same boat. I do have a big resonator though…maybe they won’t notice, lol. Do you think they’ll actually look under my car though…I mean, it doesn’t go on the dyno since it’s AWD…

lol, we don’t have dyno or sniffer emission checks…only the metropolitan area gets those

and as an inspector, i really don’t think people realize the severity of punishment and strict stingy eye that NYS is putting on inspection stations since switching to the OBDII machines. its a fucking PAIN to pull strings b/c not many mechanics are willing to take those chances. i for one am glad i don’t do that shit anymore. the number of people i had every day asking me for a sticker was fucking rediculous…several people on here can attest that i couldnt pass everyone b/c for a mechanic, an inspectors license is pure cheddar as its where most shops get the majority of their business from. you lose that license, you lose a TON of business. IMHO its not worth the risk…

From my understanding its just a visual inspection that you have a cat here upstate. Soooo do what you want with that information.

Ok forget about it, I’ll just figure something else out. Thanks to those who posted.

Try the Munro on the corner of Division(twin city highway)/Erie in north tonawanda they passed my taurus last winter with broken struts, and blad tires…its not a hook up but it worked for me…

I have a obd1 car and last year I failed for a gas leak and dont know if I will get a hard time this year??

and have like 2/32 left on my tires

also need a hook up

Seriously, fix the gas leak. You’ve got to be kidding me…

werd, thats just retarded

lol, “my car leaks gas and my tires are near bald…i need a hookup”

no sir, you need to fix your death trap on wheels :roll:

I don’t mind inspection when something is obviously wrong with the car and it needs to be fixed. But for stupid things like an ecu “pending code” when your cel isn’t even on. I had to wait two weeks for a “pending code” that never came on and in that timeframe I got pulled over twice, for two inspection tickets. Both totalled $160 in fines. what BS.

Pending codes dont fail an inspection. The machine doesnt look at that. Unset(or not ready) monitors do. and if it was failed for unset monitors you should have received a 10 day extension in order to be able to drive the car and “set” the monitors. If you show the police agency the receipt that has the extension then legally they can not issue a ticket.

i’m telling you, try the valvolines. they don’t do the visual inspections. they just get cars in and out. and if u have any kind of sports car, they don’t even life it to pull the wheels cuz there afraid of breaking something. 9/10 valvolines don’t do the visuals. and almost all of them take bribes. if they tell u ur car is going to fail then just offer them cash, if that doesn’t work, tell them ur wife called and said she’s going into labor and u have to leave before they fail u and charge u. :slight_smile: