OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

Exactly, he missed 5 games when he was on fuckin fire right before. I deff think hed have more thank vanek its only a 4 goal difference.

anaheim who?, game in hand 1 pt behind, all u ppl earlier that said anaheim was the class of the nhl, better check ur shit now.

afinogenov would NOT have more goals than vanek. if u watch the games, u realize that max sets up 1/2 of vanek’s goals, not to mention 1/2 of everyone else’s. lol

he’s a good scorer, but an amazing playmaker… i highly doubt he’d have more than vanek.

Anaheim plays tonight and the Sabres still have to win those games. They are not guranteed. Besides, you are being a bench racer by looking at stats and comparing which team is better.

“But car and driver says my car runs a 14.5 and your car only runs a 14.8. So I’m faster.”

And you know this how exactly?

i agree, his is an incredible playmaker. but he can also do it himself. he’s got a great line and i agree he helps everyone a ton, but i think he is capable of doing it for himself too

Your stats show how he would not have more goals than Vanek. He does not average a goal a game which he would have needed to put him one ahead of Vanek.

Anaheim is down both of their starting goalies and pronger is out with a broken foot. If those excuses were good enough for the sabres, they’re good enough for the ducks.

They’re a dangerous team

yea word… either of their goalies are healthy for playoffs its gonna make a VERY VERY interesting stanley cup

The Stats dont mean shit.In some games he has two goals in one game.You’d have to not pay any attention to him if u dont see what he does while hes out on the ice and how he dances around everyone and scores goals clean with no deflections, which are most of vaneks goals.I mean vaneks awesome for that and one of the best in the league for being infront of the net,but over all max is just more talented and creative. He was on fire scoring every game before he was out. Theres no doubt that if he was still in the game back then that he would be right next to vanek if not better. Max is only 4 goals away, alot coulda happend in 5 games with afinogenov

I am a huge fan of Max I just think it is unrealistic to guarentee 5 goals in 5 games. Although Vanek did score 5 goals in those games that Max was out.

i feel like Max is a more talented more matured version of vanek… either that or vanek is trying to mimic maxim… he’s doing well… he’s a great finisher… but i like maxim much much more… also … sometimes i kind of would like max to hold the puck instead of hope for a deflection in front of the net. maybe swing it around behind get everyone stopped on the ice staring and pass it off for the easy goal… or easier goal instead of just praying… then hes gotta rush back on D

Well put. Maxim > Vanek. Vaneks still a noob pratically tho,hes got years and years to grow and progress and he will.

Maxim and Vanek are two different kinds of players so its hard to compare the two because their styles are so different. One does not mimic the other. Vanek is slow and steady, maxim is fast and explosive, but both are great shooters and stick handlers. I’m glad that we have a Vanek/Max combo instead of a max/max or vanek/vanek. Variety is killer and keeps the other team scrambling.

If I had to take one player for my team, I would reluctantly pick Max, but I love watching both of them play

Arguing about whether or not Vanek is better than Max is like arguing about which is better: The Sabres winning or losing.

They both aren’t going anywhere for a while and they are both producing.

Anyway, Anaheim lost tonight, Atlanta lost and Carolina was blanked. Montreal won though.

I have to get in this too and say vanek is better. It is not all about scoring goals. Vanek is much better defensive, not power killing good, but much better then Max.

Stealtth is correct, they are totally different players. If i had to pick one, it would be the guy who doesn’t give it away at least once a game… Vanek.

And I truely believe Roy will be the guy in the next couple years.

yeah…Roy has been getting better and better each year.

Hes pretty much a rockstar!

side note: +/- ratings
Thomas Vanek +24
Maxim Afinogenov +10

Roy is awesome ,he can skate and can hadle just like max or briere sometimes. Vanek gives it away or loses it just as much as max if not more in most games tho theres been alot of dissapointing break aways and nice potential play that vanek misses.Maxim @least can make it to the net or close to it before he loses it (if he even does).

wtf is up with our power play

4 SH goals allowed in 5 games…ugh…

:rofl: