OFFICIAL Buffalo Sabres Thread

It was “He took off like he had a Katyusha rocket strapped to his back”. They were in the news all the time when Israel was bombing the shit out of Hezbollah. I just laughed thinking that Robi actually watches the news.

He certainly had some good comments. Maybe it was just nice to get a change from Lorence’s same color commentary he uses every game.

haha that was the one… i was sitting in the other room at the time checking my email, but i still managed to hear that and couldn’t help but laugh out loud

Anyone heard any updates on these injuries? Rumors?

11/27/2006 Toni Lydman D Migraine, neck Questionable Questionable for Dec. 1 vs. N.Y. Rangers
11/27/2006 Derek Roy C Hand Questionable Questionable for Dec. 1 vs. N.Y. Rangers
10/31/2006 Henrik Tallinder D Forearm IR IR. Out until late December
11/26/06 Jochen Hecht C Inner ear Questionable Questionable for Dec. 1 vs. N.Y. Rangers
11/27/06 Jiri Novotny C Upper body IR IR. Out until at least early December
10/03/06 Tim Connolly C Concussion IR IR. Out indefinitely

I keed forgetting about connolly. Can you imagine if he was healthy? I hope injuries don’t get too much more out of control but i can imagine hecht being out much longer If its just an inner ear problem…

Looking at the injury report, and remembering that Miller was on it for a few games, it’s even more amazing that they’re 19-3-2. Imagine what they’ll be like when they’re healthy.

I hope Roy is back for this Saturday’s game. I’ll be down in D.C. cheering with the rest of the Sabres fans. I can’t wait to drown out any caps chant.

Finally get to go to a game this year…

Friday can’t come soon enough

yes i would like my defensemen back

Good read.

Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said Tuesday he anticipates Hecht and Lydman returning when Buffalo hosts the Rangers on Friday.

Bad news, Novotny is out for about 10 days.

I can handle novotny being out for a little while if I know that lydman is going to come back friday. Hecht will be nice to have back too, but not as important as lydman.

i heard them talking about connolly yesterday but i didnt catch the whole story. Do they have any idea on him yet?

novotny seems to be getting alot of penalties lately doesnt he? lydman makes me warm and fuzzy inside, and it will be great when we get tallinder back in action

Word. Lydman and Tallinder are 2 players that they need back ASSAPPLES. This 1 shift/game that funk and card are seeing is terrible. Campbell is playing like 30 minutes a game (and handling it pretty well), but that is going to wear them down so quickly and I’ve noticed that Spacek has been taking more penalties lately. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but I wouldn’t doubt it.

I just checked the schedule for december and aside from the game this friday, it looks something like this: Sat, tues, thurs, sat, tues, thurs, sat, tues, thurs, sat, tues, thurs, sat.

Weird.

word. campbell was on ALMOST the entire time in the last 3 OT games. i think his breaks came when there was a whistle, a change, and then a quick change on the fly. campbell is the man

where are all the vanek haters now i wonder? (oh woops, yeah i was ridin him 10 games ago too) good to see he is coming out strong, finishing and getting the puck to the back of the net.

Ohh you mean how he is just like Satan? :stuck_out_tongue:

The biggest difference between Satan and Vanek is:

Sabres fans love Vanek.

Islanders fans hate Satan.

BUMP, been a long weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek finally game time 2nite

I KNOw right, cant wait to watch a game then another tomorrw yay, then that set schedule of T TH S

Vanek is willing to get in front of the net and pay the price. At least twice every game you see Vanek on his ass from getting roughed up in front the net. Satan was never willing to do that.