OMG *OFFICIAL* iPhone Thread

I’ll get %20 as well then. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I like it. It’s also very nice if you already run a mac at home.

Rant about being too poor to afford an iPhone… Plus, I don’t see how the service is that much more expensive than any other voice/data/text plan.

Also, turn-by-turn apps are coming. The GPS functionality is a lot more responsive on the iPhone than my HTC…

I have a PC at home and it works great. To be honest, I love the phone. My work pays for 1/2 of it so thats a plus, i get 20% off my bill, and a full blown web browser and application phone. I sync my email for work, text regularly, browse the web, etc.

I dont see what the difference is. You are using 3G. People compare it to the blackberry that is only $20 but the blackberry phones that 90% of the people have are only edge phones which is why its cheaper. I had a blackjack 2 with data, text, and 900 min and there was no change to move to the iphone.

I dont get how this is a turnoff. I guess its like saying “I dont want this phone becuase the camera is only a 2MP and not a 6MP like my digital camera is”

There is software that addressed both of your complaints on the old 1.1.4 FW w/installer.app on the original iphone. Too bad they won’t let the app go legit on 2.0.

Shit… I’m gonna buy it. I think I’ve decided lol.

What cases do you guys have? I want something thin to protect my phone just from scratches and stuff, not a leather holster case. Anyone pick up a case locally?

Mine is naked right now. I need to pick up something with rubber corners though for some minimum protection. Since I don’t feel like getting ripped off locally I’ll probably just snag something from ebay.

My roommate has that thin black rubber case, and it doesn’t add too much bulk to the phone, and protects it perfectly.

mine is very similar to this one, except it’s black and not transparent (and fits better… little slimmer and no hole where the home button is). Works great thus far, picked it up @ AT&T when I first picked the phone up.

http://www.unlockcity.com/images/IPHONE%20RUBBER%20CASE%20SOFT%20BLUE%202.jpg

I’d make sure to protect the screen more so though… as soon as it looses it’s novelty a little, you’ll just start throwing it in your pockets along with your keys and say hello to scratches/chips on the screen. It doesn’t take much to get a good one on there if your not careful

The screen protectors they sell are %100 worth the investment IMO.

I’m not too worried about the screen because I’d never toss it in my pocket if there was something in my pocket to scratch it. My 2+ year old Razr still looks great (except for the scratches it got shooting off my back bumper at 30mph, but that’s another story). I’m generally very careful with my phone.

Probably just grab something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-FOR-AT-T-iPHONE-3G-BLACK-SILICONE-COVER-CASE-SKIN_W0QQitemZ370072976424QQihZ024QQcategoryZ20336QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Ya I kind of feel the other way around. I have bought cases for phones off of eBay and they are pretty cheap and shitty. I had a plastic holster case for my Treo and that thing took a whack getting into my car and it broke the clip off my belt, busted the case, and sent me 650 sliding on the ground.

I am thinking about getting one of them but the screen seems pretty durable being glass. I am going to look into one tho. Does the cases they sell at ATT have ones that cover the screen too? I just throw my phone into my pocket and sometimes it ends up in the same pocket as my keys so I worry.

I would definitely get the screen protectors. I use the ones that just stick on. I dont have any case on it though. Might look into it more… LMK if any of you pick up something nice. I really just dont want to add more bulk

if you dont want to add bulk, try one of these

a buddy of mine has one and it fits like a glove. The case is hard rubber and bulk is minimal, but it doesn’t protect the “whole” phone (if it belly flopped on the screen, you’d be SOL), only the back and sides

I picked up the Anti-Glare Screen Protector and the Agent18 Clear case for mine. The anti-glare protector has a real nice feel, compared to the glossy protector I had on the original iphone, and works well in the sun. The Agent18 case gets mixed reviews, but I like the fit of it. The setup isn’t very bulky and is similar enough in size that I can’t tell the difference compared to my old iphone w/case.

Edit: I had the silcone case posted above and it was great for a month then it stretched out and the phone slid around in it. Maybe they updated the material for the newer model :shrug:

That’s what my roommate has, and probably what I’ll be getting.

I looked on ebay. They had that combo for like 10-15 bucks with free shipping I was thinking about. It seemed like a cool deal. A hard clear case to protect the body of the phone and a screen protector on the inside.

Kind of a general ATT question: How is roll over calculated?

I am on a 900min a month plan and noticed that my month ended on the 28th. Today I had 895 anytime min remaining and 489 roll over minutes remaining. After my phone use today and making some non ATT user calls, I see that my anytime minutes are down to 860 and my roll over is still 489.

I thought you use rollover first each month?

you use rollover last. If you blow through your 900 you start using the rollover for daytime minutes.

M2M -> N&W -> anytime -> rollover -> overage

Same experience here. Hard case w/ antiglare & smudge protector is the way to go. I would go with a black hard case though, not the clear.