OMG *OFFICIAL* iPhone Thread

^ Good luck with that. Copying the phone isn’t the hard part, it’s copying the app store that’s the problem. 1000’s of new apps being added each day is what makes the iphone so popular. From what I’ve been reading Apple only gets about 30% of the cost of a paid app, so the motivation is huge for developers.

How’s $2000 a day sound?
http://www.appleiphoneapps.com/2008/08/part-time-iphone-developer-makes-2000-a-day/

As for 3g speeds I just got 1.62Mbps at testmyiphone.com.
That’s 198 kB/s download.
:tup:

2.0.2 firmware, 3g network in Amherst.

I couldn’t agree with you more. But Verizon can’t even replicate the phone. My LG Dare phone is terrible when compared to my iphone. Multitouch and compacitive screens are practically nonexistant. The Glyde’s compacitive screen blows. We will see what the “Iphone Killer” Blackberry Thunder/Storm will offer. Probably will be below par like all the other “Iphone Killers” out there.

and what’s ironic is that in an early interview, jobs said that he wouldn’t allow software development on the iphone due to potential security issues. I bet he’s glad that he reconsidered lol

edit:

Have you tried this? I figured it out somewhat but i can’t figure out how the hell to get stream 1033 the edge through orb. For that matter I should say any radio station.

yup, I stream XM through orb to my phone for work (we don’t have sound cards here).

What you need is the stream URL of the station you want to listen to. Then, in orb on the pc, goto audio > internet radio > Favorites and at the top of the page click on “add station”

it will ask for the URL of the station you want to listen to and the name. Copy/paste the URL in and give it a name.

now if you goto orb on your phone, it will show up under audio > internet radio favorites

no stores have the 8 gig as of today, only 16 gig

so i was told in order to port my number over att has to close my account with tmobile, that really sucks as i need to talk to them to get out of canceling early.

ok how do i get the current contacts off my sim to the iphone?

uhhhh… don’t know if you can. might have to manually do it (or call ATT)

nm itunes syncs with outlook, im good.

right on, hypocrite lol :tup:

shut it lol

im excited now

There is a sim import option on the iphone. You go there, it has you put the old sim in, it sucks the contacts in.

What ever you do don’t let it sync with gmail. I never realized gmail puts every person you’ve ever emailed or replied to into your contacts. I ended up with 100’s of contacts I’ve never even heard of.

Easy way to mass delete them if you do fuck up like I did… create a blank set of contacts in outlook express and have the iphone import those.

Thanks for the help. For some reason, the URL doesnt work on orb. If anyone else has luck let me know.

yeah, you may need to do a little digging around to find what that URL is but once you find it, it should work ok.

did you try the AOL radio app from the appstore?

Thanks Jay.

Yes, I am a frequent user of that and Pandora. I’m a huge talk radio guy (have Sirius at work so i get to listen to Stern for free) so I dont buy it. Also the KLSX talk radio (AOL California talk) is terrible. Unfortunately no Buffalo stations. I do like Shredd and Ragan so that is why I am trying to get it to work. Something good to jog to. I tried bringing the URL up a few time but no go.

How much does your average bill cost Iphone users? My contract with Verizon is almost up and I was considering the switch. I also text a lot. How do you guys feel about texting on this phone?

you might want to try the edge’s forums… they might be able to help you out with the stream.

I know for a fact that you can stream sirius through it though. D/L a program called usirius, you’ll have to log into your account and it will provide you the stream URL for any station you want so you can add them to ORB. uSirius has to be running for it to work though

mine is around 80 (unlimited data and shit)… the 3g plans are about 20 more expensive afaik

I came from verizon. My current plan on ATT is the iPhone 900 min with rollover and unlimited data and unlimited texting and its about $130 a month after taxes. You can prolly get a discount too anywhere from 5-20% a month depending on where you go to school or work. I get a 20% discount through work and my bill is 102 a month after everything.

You get used to texting too. I rack up about 5,000 texts a month and a bunch of emails and its pretty easy to do. The biggest thing is let the auto correct fix stuff. Its pretty good at getting the word and if you keep typing, it changes what you typed so you dont need to keep going back.

phones are in, hopefully at 430 ill have mine