OMG *OFFICIAL* iPhone Thread

it’s worth having osx just for itunes & iphone

kevinaskingalotofiphonequestions.jpg

kevinneedstohaxormyxboxbeforeabandoningM$altogether.txt

has anyone upgraded to 2.0.2? I upgraded to 2.0.1 and I think the phone runs worse. Adding a contact takes me 5 min becuase its so slow and a bunch of other random issues see to cause problems. Also there is a hard network switch from EDGE to 3G esp if you are on a call and on a buffer zone between both it seems.

I refuse to update anymore until the next major release comes out in September and can fix the stupid bugs. I am tempted to go back to 2.0.0 and deal with the slow contacts for the time being since that was really the only issue I noticed.

I’ve been on 2.0.2 since last night and haven’t had any issues. Keyboard response is better but the contacts lag is still there. It was fine at first but I’m sure that’s because the phone was just rebooted to install the firmware. If I reboot it right now contacts will be fast for a day or so.

2.0.1 was an improvement over the original firmware for me though.

lol so did 2.0.1 change the way incoming calls are displayed? I got a call from my mom yesterday, but the text on the phone was all screwed up and it showed a picture of lightning

wtf? lol

Thought keyboard lag was fixed…nope, still shitty as ever today i’m a good 5-7 words ahead

shitty :tdown:

Maybe one of you Iphone gods can answer this question. Is it possible to stream 1033 the edge on an Iphone? I heard it is possible to stream sirius and XM and even stream TV so I think it has to be possible somehow.

Not with the current iPhone software.

yes, you can.

If you run Orb.com on your home PC you can stream TV, movies, radio, music, etc to the phone. If you download the AOL radio app, you may be able to pickup the edge on it too (not sure if it’s offered or not).

just to note though, if you’re trying to stream TV or video in general, you’ll need to be on a Wifi connection. There is no way Edge can handle it and have my doubts about 3g as well

wtf, having my doubts now, and since att store actually getting phones in stock tomorrow, i need to make a decision.

just do it, you really wont be disappointed (this is coming from an ex-apple hater). There is also 3rd party software available for syncing shit from the phone to your PC (even txt messages and shit which is pretty cool).

Plus, what other phone is going to have the developer base that the iphone now has? Applications are being added daily pretty much

i totally need to try doing this during the weekend

Apple store has had 8 and 16gb iphones the entire time as far as I know.

One of the big reasons I switched from the WinMO based phone to the iPhone.

Also, get insurance. I got it finally after my friend busted his 16GB phone on the sidewalk one night and was out of luck and had to buy a new one at full price. Its like 90 bucks and covers you for 3 years of accidental damage.

is it on verizon yet? sigh…

Hah. That’s funny. Verizon is bullshit. Great reception, but that’s where it stops. Hopefully when the 4g LTE days come around then VZW and AT&T will both be on the same band.

??? isn’t that what matters in a cell phone company? :lolham:

On top of that EVDO is pretty fucking great as i have hooked up a phone to a laptop here before and had amazing results even in a building with less than spectacular cell reception.

Not until 2010 at the earliest. Chances are Apple will release iPhone 3.0 before that and AT&T will broker a deal that extends their exclusive deal just like they did when iphone 2.0 came out.

By then verizon will get their shit together and have an actual competitor not these lame ass lg touch screen garbage phones. I’m pretty hopeful for the blackberry thunder or touch or whatever it will be called by then.

Depends on what you use a cell phone for. Email and internet ability on an Iphone I prefer over any Blackberry. Verizon is great for talking, but if you like other apps, smooth touchscreen, UI, etc, look elsewhere.
Also, EVDO would be awesome on an Iphone. (haven’t used a 3g yet). EDGE gets the job done but definately could be faster.