"Operation Impact" launches today

Drive safely this long weekend… on your way to Shannonville, save it for the track.

http://www.570news.com/news/local/more.jsp?content=20091009_150538_9376

Cambridge - The OPP are aiming for zero fatalities on the highways and bi-ways this Thanksgiving long weekend.

OPP Constable Dave Woodford tells 570 News “Operation Impact” launches today.

Woodford says the major focus points this weekend is of course, drinking and driving, aggressive driving, and no seatbelts.

But he adds police will also be watching for distracted driving, as the date for the new “no cell phones at the wheel” law comes closer.

And the MTO will be performing vehicle inspections on both trucks and cars.

Ministry of Transportation enforcement officer, Bob Lickers, spoke with 570 News at their inspection site at the RONA store on Hespeler at the 401, saying the four inspectors there will examine up to thirty vehicles per day, and on average 40% will have problems where the inspectors will remove the licence plates.

Lickers says it’s tough to define “imminent danger” when it comes to poorly maintained trucks, but expects to find perhaps two vehicles over the whole weekend that could merit the maximum $20,000 fine.

Woodford says Thanksgiving weekend is typically busier than other long weekends: it’s not just travelling families, but students coming home from school, cottagers bringing the boat home, and more.

Woodford says there were nine fatalities last year on the highways and roads the OPP watches over.

Perhaps I will bring my silencer on the way to Shannonville!

Constable money taker reporting for duty sir! Operation “Big wallet” ready sir!

What a homos.

This is lies every time I hear about these so called operations I go to my cottage taking the 400 and never do I see cops maybe 1 or 2 but not pulling people over and going crazy…

401 you always see cops.

115 almost every day.

cottage highways…well, obviously on a long weekend

This shit does happen.

They are for sure actually taking advantage of money making in these kinds of periods just like ends of month but… it is ALSO a way to make it appear to numbnuts who know nothing about reality how “the government and the police are doing SO MUCH for the well being of you, we love you, hugs and kisses, bbbye”. No disrespect to nice cops lol… but its true.

I dont understand what your getting at ahmed. Like, what if a drunk driver hit you. Would you rather the cops do something? like attempt to stop the drunk drivers? Or would you want that drunk driver to continue driving down the highway indangering peoples lives?

I agree, maybe the cops could be doing something more beneficial. But theres no need to rip on them, just because you have some kind of grudge on them?

Your just upset beacuse the police owned you. If it was for anyone else
I would feel sorry. But For you sir. Not a chance in hell.

Ninja///

He has a point though. Most of these “operations” aren’t really because they give a fuck about fatalities. It’s all about the money and how easy it is for traffic police to rake in the dough.

Its an easy weekend!

1. Wear your seat belts
  2. Keep it at 115-120 nothing more on hwys, and keep local road speed limits
  3. Keep car quiet
  4. Do not drive like a fool!
  5. Do not have a car with zipties and duck tap holding it together
  6. Yes sir & No sir! be polite
  7. KEEP IT ON THE TRACK!!

Follow these rules and you will make it thru long weekend just fine!!

^ this man’s like a parental guardian on this site, good tips bro!

hahaha. the amount of cars that are loud shit boxes and the foolish people that drive them on this site, make it not possible to follow these rules. just my $0.02.

peace

I was just followed by an OPP officer from when I got on the QEW till when I got off about 20 mine ago. Seeing a lot of Peel cops too.

the OPP are pricks but PEEL region are the worst cops i have ever encountered. what? black man cant drive no minivan at 3:00am. don’t get me started.

peace

^I hear you.

I will be rocking the cloaking device this weekend, 99 white caravan

Fuck I’m screwed,

I drive drunk while on the cell phone every night, and fuck seatbelts I heard if you crash you get a bruise on your shoulder.

I was once followed in a Cavalier turning onto Britania at about 1 in the morning, presumably for eating fries while driving because I definitely wasn’t breaking the law The cop did a u turn and followed me to Queen. Another incident occured a Kennedy and Matheson. I was just tapping my hand on m y roof and a cop did a u turn and followed me again. I had a cop try and follow me last week too, and backed off when I was goi g in my friends house. I don’t speed on the roadways, especially when there’s a target already on me for having a modded car.

I would say it is about a 5-10% turn around rate in Peel. Most cops just leave me alone because all of the other ass clowns doing 90-100 in a 70 are a priority, and that I am not really doing anything wrong. It is the lazy, low ranking few with fucked up priorities that follow me.

^ yup. I always get pulled over by the same 2-3 officers in peel. All the others follow me for a bit and then drive off. ahha,

it took me 4 hours to go from scarborough to barrie err… on friday night 7:10pm-11:11pm

i made it to shanny and back with a very unsafe rear bumper loll.

eff em. have a good thanksgiving and just dont drink and drive.