"Operation Spring Brake" this weekend/next week (State Police)

If you’re driving on the thruway, watch your speed.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=47931

If your plans include driving on the Thruway this weekend, take extra care to watch your speed.

The New York State Thruway Authority and State Police Troop T announced Thursday that “Operation Spring Brake,” an annual initiative, would take place this Saturday through Monday.

“The busy summer travel season is only a short ways off and we are encouraging all motorists to be extra cautious while driving,” said Thruway Authority Executive Director Michael R. Fleischer. “Everyone is anxious to get to their favorite summer destination, but motorists are reminded to be watchful while traveling through construction zones, always wear their seat belts, and never drink and drive.”

The initiative is aimed at putting the brakes on crash-causing behaviors and saving lives. During the three-day initiative, additional state troopers, dedicated solely to conducting speed and aggressive driving enforcement, will be deployed along the 641-mile state Thruway.

“Warmer weather tends to bring more motorists out onto the road, and safety is Troop T’s number one priority. Troop T will be out in full force patrolling the highway, as well as watching for intoxicated drivers and closely monitoring speed through construction zones,” said State Police Troop T Major George P. Beach II. “We ask that motorists do their part by remembering to drive responsibly and buckle up.”

The Thruway Authority offers a free e-mail or text messaging service called TRANSalert to inform drivers of major unscheduled incidents that may affect their travel on the Thruway. To sign up for the TRANSalert service, customers can visit the Authority’s Web site at www.nysthruway.gov.

The New York State Thruway Authority and State Police Troop T announced “Operation Spring Brake,” their annual fundraiser

shake it like a polaroid pictya :headbang:

fundraiser? they can go fuck themselves… like nys isnt taxed enough they need a fundraiser?

:meh:

I can’t wait for the whining threads to begin!

lol seriously, there are going to be a million “i got a ticket what should i do” or “another asshole cop pulled me over and gave me a hand job” threads

Fuck, I have to drive 440 of those miles home tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

maybe if this is houw they plan on raising money now they will make the thuway a non toll road like they said they were going to do years ago.

Heh, I should bump my cop rant thread as a friendly reminder in anticipation of “ZOMG I was speeding in a car with illegal exhaust and illegal tint and this prick of a cop wrote me tickets for speeding, illegal exhaust, and illegal tint what an abuse of power I should report him how do I get out of this without spending any time or money there has to be a way the law doesn’t actually apply to be too does it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa”

On the drive home there were cops eeeverywhere. 2 separate troopers passed me by the time I got to the Pembrook exit. I was fine cruising at 75.

HA!!

I have to drive to Rochester tomorrow… Looks like it won’t be as quick as I wanted.

It’s all the harley’s fault.

V1 > *

perfect time to ante up and get one especially before they atart going again in price
they are 445 new i think new

nope i was wrong they arte still 400

^^ beat me to it. V1>*

Fuck their “leaching” in a cloak of “safety initiative” and the people acting like they never get popped or talk shit about cops

actually if you pass a cop at a dead stop going 130 and you don’t accel, you stay constant, he will have to drive at 150 for 25 min (roughly)to ketch you…can a crown go that fast i think not…moral of the story …drive on the highway at 150

^ Police Helicopter / Radios are faster than your car

Well, unless one is ahead of u…or the bird in the sky (rare) catchs up with u.
Running rarely ends the way u want it to. :snky:

from 400 and 90 to the 33 and 90… i was passed by 4 troopers yesterday around 3pm… i was going ~75 mph and the passed me doing about 20 mph fast than i was going…

the other day a tropper with out lights passed me at about 90 in the vette so i was like fug this and pulled behind him and tailed him for about 5-6 miles…he then cut into the slow lain and hit the brakes but i did the same and dropped to about 50mph…as soon as he passed the ridgeroad exit i got off…it was exciting to me hahaha …