NY Zero Tolerance Speeding?

So my co-workers are saying they’ve heard radio spots talking about NY’s new zero tolerance on speeding. Something along the lines of “45 means 45 blah blah”. Anyone else heard this? I met an APD cop last night on Maple, doing about 53 in a 45, and he didn’t even look twice at me.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=40655

No “Brake” for Bad Drivers

Posted by: [email=“msisti@wgrz.gannett.com”]Maria Sisti, Assignment Editor
Created: 8/22/2006 1:54:10 PM
Updated: 8/22/2006 2:08:42 PM

It’s called “Operation Brake”, but if you get pulled over by the State Police on the Thruway this week, a break is the last thing you should expect.

The Thruway Authority and State Police say troopers will be targeting aggressive drivers, speeders, and those who drink and drive during a crackdown that gets underway Wednesday. They’ll also be checking to make sure you’re wearing your seat belt.

“As the summer draws to a close, we continue to urge motorists to celebrate good weather responsibly,” said Thruway Authority Executive Director Michael Fleischer.

“Operation Brake” runs through this Sunday.

Fuck them and their fund-raising drives… :tdown:

living and working in city = no longer worry about getting pulled over

^ word that was my thought… they must be getting low on funding

lol… So, it’s wrong for them to enforce the posted speed limits?

IBSherm :ohnoes:

wouldnt it be more effective for fund raising if they didnt announce it to everyone?

YOU STOP MAKING SENSE, RIGHT NOW!

theyve been hitting the 33 hardcore. Every time i drive down it lately i see people pulled over by either troopers, BPD, or :gay2: cheektowaga cops. Why the hell is that thing 50, anyway

thats cause the 33 is 50 and people roll 80

ughhh

they got my roommate at 58 in the 50…fuckin cheektowaga

glad i saw this thread, thanks :tup:

Thats wht unless I’m in the country where I live I generaly only do 5 over.

like im gonna stop for a trooper…especially this week :lol:

jokes

:bsflag: you’re not joking lol

+1

if you all didn’t live in new york you wouldn’t have to worry about getting all your driving in within a 3 month period, SC is great weather atleast 10 months of year. Coldest day here last year was 29 and that in the morning, hahaha :tup:

yea ny is gay :tdown:

Damnit Jim…you suck lol.

Yet you keep coming Back?