Optima battery:)

Hey guys. i managed to find a place that sells optima batterys to canada

if you dont know what im talking about…

there great for a project car.
i bought one from an online supplier. $250 approx after shipping its a yellow dry cell. perfect for trunk relocation since you dont need a box. i also got a KAI project hold down kit from ebay (askme4parts sells them… aprox $110.00 shipped to canada)

after im done with my relocation ill post plenty of pics…

just want your opinions on the choice of battery and kit.
if u want info or anything feel free to PM.:slight_smile:

we’re all aware of optima batteries

theyre nothin new

i would argue that a yellow top is overkill unless you’re running a ridiculous sound system and therefore constantly deep cycling the battery

Overkill is better then going to start your car and hearing nothing under the hood… just my opinion…

i looked up that batt relocation kit, ebay guy right? everything you need? How about some kind of fuse?

yea he dosent include that… i recommend a 100Amp breaker. ill find one elsewere. or just a basic 100 fuse(like in stinger audio power wires there inline)
he aslo dosent include the bolts to tie the box to your chassis i think. just the ones that close the tray with the battery inside

well anyways post some pics and how you did it when your done :slight_smile:

I don’t really get why you would fuse your main battery link if all you did was relocate it to the trunk…There’s no fuse when it’s under your hood, why should there be one when all you did was extend the cable a few feet and move where the battery is physically relocated… Everything has its own fuse already… A kill switch disconnect, maybe, but a fuse seems kinda redundant.

still a 100 amp breaker is good for if u get a surge… ie 2 wires fray over time and strike and blow your elctic system… beter safe then sorry… id rather pay the $25 now for a good breaker then who knows how much down the road… and i also works as a good saftey devise over storage

AUTO PARTS EXTRA good stuff prices start at 189.99 blue top for boats red is off-road but it works amazingly good in my 240 and yellow are good for sound systems and for smallier size engines there are tons of these stores around napa is suposed to have then but i`ve never seen them there

optima batterys are cheap at walmart…

Interstate batteries on Hwy 50 has had them for the longest time!! average pricing! 200-250.

Costco and Sam’s Club have them for even cheaper.

those are second line optimas.

and id check pricing i know they went up.

btw i have yellow tops in stock at 204.99 and reds for 192.50

GT

chinatown has it for even cheaper

bootlegs