WTB: Optima Battery

So hey guys,

I’m going to be driving the Spec 5 this winter and the stock battery just isn’t going to cut it. I want to buy an Optima Red or Yellow top, size 34/78, but I have no idea who carries them!?

Whoever is first to suggest it at the place I end up buying one gets a free Tim Hortons coffee… :wink:

cosco sells them the cheapest FYI :stuck_out_tongue:

Last time I was there they didn’t have any and no mention that they had them there! I saw them there several times, but no dice last time!! :frowning:

Costco
Walmart
Rocky Batteries (Argyll-ish location)

costco = 202 with tax for yellow top
walmart =149 + tax for red top

Thanks for the info! Had no idea Walmart carried Optima! :smiley:

they do, but they wont warranty it if it doesnt go into car they think it should… Retards

whats there to warrenty if its the right fit and is the right power and bla bla bla it works in every optima fitment book i have seen i doesnt even have any vehicles they fit in lol

yellow top FTW!

dunno walmart’s car guy was being a retard when i was looking wouldnt sell one to me because of that…

got mine at walmart… But sears also has the energizer ones that are identical but black… I think Canadian tire has a Eliminator Version too.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ragerman/0107890_450_CC_285bd.jpg

Part source has these types of batteries also…Probably made by Optima too.

allen where in do they sell batteries at costo here in Lethbridge? where abouts in the store

usally in the car supple section or in the tire section tell that walmart guy to suck a nut and get a real job

Something to that effect occured…

As an update:
Costco - Tried two stores in Edmonton and one in Calgary. They don’t carry them any more.
Walmart - Tried the one in West Edmonton, a Red Top is $204 + tax. Ouch.
Parts Source - Tried one in Calgary, the guy had never even heard of Optima. Double Ouch. :smiley:

I guess I’ll just have to order it from the intarweb!

Hahaha… “Whats a Optima?” walk away…

Weird… I paid a $140 for mine at walmart about 2 months ago… I was going to buy one for the Spec, but if it’s that pricy maybe I’ll wait… Kris if you find a decent deal let me know… I’ll buy one with you

The Interstate Battery outlet over on the west end sells Optima batteries. (IIRC, Interstate is the distributor for the Optima line). They’re up on 156st and about 112ave I think.

Jason

Thanks Jason! I’ll give them a shot. :slight_smile: