PC owners drive 240 v.Mac hate*vid*

Well I guess the whole color support for print was far superior back in the day but everyone’s caught up now.

Guess it’s hard to let go of something you’ve been used too.

Reminds me of the Silicon Indy machines back in the day and how they were so awesome for 3D and shit. Obsolete now (or hardly used).

Not saying Macs will be replaced :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve slowly started to like Macs but I still have a thing for some Mac people who act like total douche canoes with egos the size of the moon. Luckily you don’t appear to be one of them :rofl:

Defiantly not! I come from a long line of computers so I’m fluent on all types of them. I only started heavily using Mac’s about 3 years ago, and than I picked my MacBook Pro up mid '08.

i know most of you are looking at a mac from a visual arts or whatever poont of view…but as a university student…my roomate bought a mac…then found out he needs to divide his harddrive and run windows for some programs at school…then he tries to game a little and his mac is useless for gaming and because he had to divide his hardrive for windows he has no memory left for anything

I work at Future Shop in the ‘Connect Pro’ department. :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying but I’m going to say, in my opinion from first hand experience, that the plain-old MacBooks are definitely over-priced dogs. They’re extremely slow for the price.

MacBook Pros however are probably some of the best notebooks on the market. Unless you’re willing to drop the cash on getting a Pro I would say just stick with a regular Windows notebook or PC.

Rofl you based your opinion off a macbook air… It is literally meant to be a fashion accessory, a huge PDA… It is so weak, and everyone knows that, it is priced according to features and size… That’s like top model Kia, and then complaining that a entry level bmw is better put together.

I advise computer novices to buy mac. I just hope it doesn’t crash as much as windows and if it does I can feign ignorance.

*BSD FTW

mac ftw!

First of all, Mac’s are the shit.

Second of all, nice find, 240 in a commercial!

Thirdly, the first Microsoft “buy a laptop” commercial was found to have a professional actress as the main character – when in fact they shoot the commercial as if it was a random they’ve just found on the street.

And finally, Windows sucks. That’s it, period.

For all the Mac haters – Mac’s run Windows, and they run it better than PC’s. Do PC’s run Macs (and I’m not talking about hax0ring your PC to run Mac OS)?

Mac’s are for fags (fashion designers) and for the graphic artists and media whores.

PC is for hardcore gamers and general users for multimedia, surfing, and data stuff.

Totally untrue. Yeah the Air doesn’t come with an optical drive, but she should have looked into that before buying one if she needed it. You can get an external one, or a Macbook with one in it already.

The brilliance of a Mac is the OS – not the cosmetics. Brilliant UI design, and engineering that doesn’t just make things work…it makes things work RIGHT. Right, AND the way you’d intuitively expect it to.

macs are for chinks/nerds
pc hardcore cs/warcraft chinks/nerds

mac ftw

Have to disagree with you, although we’re often on the same page :slight_smile:

I work at a Mac only software company (ya, I’m biased, whatever). I started off doing sales, and now I handle their marketing – don’t ever deal with graphic design or media whoring as you put it lol.

Macs are great because they don’t crash, they’re intuitive, and in general, the developers that make Mac-only software, put a lot more thought into their products.

I used PC’s for over 10 years, NEVER using a Mac. Within a month of working where I do, I couldn’t touch a PC. Luckily, they bought me a Macbook after about 6 months of working there, so I could sell the PC I had at home.

Never again will I use a PC, or a phone other than an iPhone. Call me a Mac fanboy, or fan-fag lol, but I appreciate proper design (and not just the cosmetics of the hardware).

Hahaha

Exactly – and you won’t even use it cuz it’s shit. Pages > Word. Keynote > Powerpoint (+ there’s an iPhone app that lets you control your slideshow from your phone), and Numbers > Excel.

I’m not entirely bashing Microsoft, they do some good things. Surfaces is cool, some of the other shit is neat, but Windows, not so great.

Oh, and Microsoft having an S13 in their commercial is totally awesome – almost awesome enough to make me switch…lol

Well, because PC’s crash, the OS is garbage, and they get viruses, which cost company’s a LOT of money. Not to mention the cost to have a tech guy working for you just to maintain things, or a consulting company that you use…either way expensive (not saying you NEVER need one for Macs, but a lot of things are just easier to setup yourself).

Even compare Safari to Internet Explorer…it’s just a joke.

There are also a bunch of articles about how PC’s are actually more expensive in the long run when compared with PC’s.

I’d say you’re right about it being biased, but really, it’s not. Once you’ve used a Mac for some time (even just a few months), you’ll realize that Apple REALLY spends a lot of time designing their UI so that it makes the most sense to the end user (obviously they aren’t perfect though).

Just some neat things like Spaces, Hot-corners, Expose, Widgets – alone make the Mac OS worth it. Yes there are some emulations of these for PC’s, but they don’t work as well and aren’t as stable.

I can say a lot of this first hand, as I work with a User Experience and Interface designer at my company, who is well respected in the design community. He spent HOURS designing the tiniest little elements in our iPhone app (like font styles, font sizes, the size of icons, the shape of buttons, you name it). Apple does the same thing, whereas Microsoft just “makes” a button that will work, and “complete the task”.

PC’s can get the job done, but it generally takes longer and increases your blood pressure :wink:

Mmm, the Macbook Air is a fashion accessory for rich iPod-loving high school students, but for many (especially busy CEO’s and traveling businessmen) it just makes sense. Very light, compact, and adequately powerful, especially the top model with the SSD.

Also, I’d like to apologize for totally raping this thread with posts. :slight_smile:

I agree with you in many ways, guess I’m just a pc guy but solely for the gaming options and performance in some areas! haha. Did you hear about windows 7 coming out? it’s pretty much like Vista was a Windows ME OS, windows 7 should be the new XP:cool:

just put up a damn poll.

Ya for gaming PC’s are good, although I think Mac is catching up…I’m out of that loop though now…just Gran Turismo on PS3 for me!

Ya I’ve heard about Windows 7, but I have a feeling it will be a fail (to ppl who are used to Macs anyways).