Mac users?

My new toy:

Picked it up a week ago.

Never owned a Mac myself and was looking for a laptop and with the configured hardware it was the best option for the buck. Gonna end up being less than $1000 after rebate and work hooked me up with $1000 towards a new PC, so it def worked out for the best.

I figured in worst case scenario I could just install XP or Vista, and so far OS X isn’t so bad. First mod - 2gb Crucial on the way.

Who else is part of the dark side on here?

I have a old ibook G4 that is ok i guess, I bought it for my girl so she can stay the fuck off my PC.

Macbook Pro here. Love it.

ibook g4 here

i use the same background

nice purchase. Stick with OS X and you will realize that it kicks the shit out of windows.

Next laptop I get is gonna be a Mac

All I got to say is that the 24" iMac is HOT. Only $1699. We have one on display and it is awesome.

MacBook Black does nothing for me. Sorry, but $200 more for a black case and a few more GB HD is money wasted. I’d opt for the “everyone else has one” white and put the $200 towards something else.

Now you got to get Parallels and Vista and rock it out.

MacBook Pro for my main comp,

and yes, my ‘secondary’ is a mac too :wink:

YES… those freeking 24" iMac’s are STUPID cheap… WTF… i want 10… lol

But, i do like the black :confused:
But i cant stand not having a backlight keyboard :smiley:

And vista takes up too much space, i just have XP in paralels, and UB Linux and XP under boot camp…

Work cost + student discount got rid of that 200 extra pricing so I didn’t mind at all
Another main reason for black was: All the in store white ones were actually a shade of light yellow/brown on the palm rests from lots of use which to me was gross. Plus I like black personally over white.

The new iMac’s were pretty sweet I played with one for a bit and it def got a :tup: from me.

Also magnetic power cable ftw, my cat has ran by numerous times and pulled it out on accident and I just kinda laugh each time. Very nice.

Saved my laptop 2x so far from MAJOR SYSTEM FAILURE… And my dads PowerBook wich dosent have the magnetic plug got smashed down a month ago, trashing the corner of the laptop and the power supply… eww…

I am so suprised other manufacturers have not copied this idea. It’s genious.

Yes it is. I love it.

Well, they patented the thing so im not sure how close someone could take it while still being legal… Nobody has tried anything at all yet though…

with a warranty…I forgot that key part.

:rofl:

I also just joined the dark side. I picked up a brand new Imac 20" yesterday. Loving it so far. The 24" was a few dollers to much for me.

I got screwed out of the free nano though, they didn’t have any left on stock…

Should have asked me. We have 20" & 24" iMacs and iPods in stock. Academic pricing on the Macs too.

Where are you refferring to?

Anyway, I called the applestore and they said in a nutshell I was shit out of luck getting my free nano. And after seeing they were still availible online when bying a mac it really pissed me off. So a call to corporate Mac customer service and everything is fixed. My nano will be coming in 5 business days.

Cool… Suprised they wouldnt send you one right away, but at least yelling at them got one :wink:

And he works at the store at UB north campus