Plug and Play HID's

Anyone using them? I have heard the ebay kits are decent for $100 or so.

I know without a retrofit the beam pattern looks scattered, but the output on my Supra lights is not very good stock.

HId’s have came down a ton in price.

Was looking at getting 4300-6000K.

www.ddmtuning.com

/thread

Plug and play, lifetime warranty, 55w kit if you like getting pulled over, 35w if you want ‘normal’ HID output.

$70.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/products/DDM_35W_55W_Slim_Ballast_HID_Kit-101-0.html

And the ballasts aren’t ultra-gay.

So the 35W in 6000K would look “normal” I dont want anymore reasons to get pulled over. I dont want to melt my headlights either.

6000K will look like oem S2000, light bluish with purpley hues to it.

4300k will be white with greenish/bluish hues

8000k will be getting more purp.

I’d reccomend 5000k for you, which will be a nice light blue with purple undertones.

OEM-ish with an edgier look over 4300k, but without the 6000k drama.

word.

oh and despite popular belief HID bulbs run much cooler than halogen, and draw less current after start up.

more AT startup to get them fired up, less while running.

if you’re worried about the oem wiring (which I wouldn’t be) you can run your own relay and heavier wiring…kinda defeats the whole ‘PnP’ thing though.

Ok thanks, I can imagine these are pretty simple to install?

I can always just make Jim come over and do it. :slight_smile:

yeah wicked easy

Jim who?

They are easy.

However, benny’s bit about the undertones isn’t exactly correct. Undertones comes from projectors. In non-projector headlights you will get zero color shift (the blue line on top of the output, or purple, whatever).

Go for 4300k or 5000k. That’s the most usable light as it most closely resembles the natural light.

Anything over 6000k starts to lose functionality and attracts attention.

+1 for DDM Tuning. I had their 55w 6000k kit in my projector headlights (don’t have anymore). I have another set of headlights coming in April and will again be running 55w 6000k’s.

Right but he has projectors so he will have color shift and my comments are correct.

Oh does he? lol. I’m not really knowledgeable when it comes to Supras. I know it’s an early 90’s so I didn’t think he had projectors since almost all cars back then ran projectorless halogens.

That’s a my bad lol.

Word, I got the projectors.

Black SRT4 Jim.

just get some red underglow.

ALSO* get some red underglow.

I have 5000k with a 35w ballast on my car, I LOVE them and they look OEM. You will be happy with this setup. Be sure to aim them properly (common sense), I hate when people feel the need to aim their headlights 100 feet into the air like they are a flying saucer full of SHIT. Mine are hyper white in color btw. Anything above 6k is gay and the light output is lower so there is no point in getting them other than to have your car scream “HEY! LOOK AT ME WITH MY BLUE LIGHTS! ARENT THEY FUCKING GAY!”

How to AIM HID’s:

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ab_parts_accessories/article/0,2021,DIY_13690_3579216,00.html

check out gearhead man

yeh nothing more then 6000k, i got mine off ebay for like 70bucks and never had a problem, also HIDs actually run cooler then regular blubs so no worry about melting

Yea, I know… that’s why I want 5000K. Scattered beam patterns ftl though.