Rb25 swap into '95

I’ve decided that im gonna drop kick the KA-t and swap in a rb25 im trying to figure out if someone here works at a shop where they’ve done the swap and are pretty quick about it.

It’s a daily driver so I dont want it gone too long lol, looking at how much money for the swap too if I already have the engine/trans ecu, uncut wiring harness etc… Just lookin for some price range ideas il be leaning towards next monthish for the swap.

^^

you are also going to need engine mounts and transmission mounts, custom driveshaft, intercooler, radiator, custom exhaust and i would also suggest changing the water pump, timing belt, tensioner and idler pulleys and i would suggest changing the oil pump since it is easier to change it while the engine is out.

suggested upgrades thereafter would include brakes and suspension. if you have all these parts including the wiring harness it shouldn’t take long to do the swap.

there are a couple of shops around the gta, call around and see what they say.

I just did my swap into my s14 2 months ago,

Drop me a pm for details, mounting the engine and all that is not super hard although still a bit involved.

The problem is alot of places dont know much about the wiring.

In my swap i have full windshield wiper control, as some shops dont know how to wire even that up,

Ontop of that i also have consult working, pretty much everything works like factory.

If you want your car to look this nice after everything is said and done let me know.

Before:

After:

Running on a 300zx ecu chip tuned:

You guys gotta see this thing run, ITS LIKE OEM!!! You wont’ find anyboyd who can make a car run better!.. well maybe me.

if you get a RB20 transmission you will not need a custom drive shaft!!

Thanks everyone for replying :slight_smile: I went to Rowetech in Oakville, i’ve taken my car there before they have done a few swaps before im going to see if they can source a rb25 for around $3000-3500. Would it be a good idea to upgrade the turbo even if the stocker is decent? If the stock one is good and boosts to 10psi, id be happy with that for a while… Thanks

I would change the turbo IF i planned on doing it and had the funds for it. If you wanna go bigger turbo you can do it right now while the engine is out and everything. A bigger turbo would most likely need other items, injectors, tune, manifold, intercooler stuff like that depends on how you go.

I would be happy with around 300-350whp. I have a t04e in my existing setup but ofcaorse theres no internal wastegate, i have a big tial wastegate, preferably id like to stick with the stock manifold and just throw a beefier turbo on it. Injectors is a good idea thanks, as far as ecu goes I have an emanage sitting at home but i like the idea of something like Original drift master has.

I guess il have to look around for turbo prices to get an idea. I don’t have much money and it will pretty well mostly go on line of credit. I imagine its something i can replace myself later on after the swap has been done… I may sound like a noob but im not entirely useless :smiley:

all the work you see, is done by me including wiring and chip tuning the ecu, i will send you a pm with more details.

Original Drift Master

either i am blind…or I dunno. But where the fuck is your maf?

That my friend is “top secret”.

in the gangsters postion buddddd
the swap is clean
hes fixed my swap that intense orgianly did for me. so that my wipers work and my headlights work properly too now

OH COOL!!!

DOES THAT MEAN YOU ARE WORKING WITH drifttuners TO BRING OVER “TOP SECRET”???

LOL

you are crazy.

Yeah, I know… I just couldn’t resist. It’s just a running joke I guess.

VPC w/chipped 300zx comp??

I do still need to talk to you about that daughter board on my S14 and some other stuff.

BTW, those are some of the nicest looking custom IC pipes I’ve seen.

blow through maf id say. but i dunno, for the price of the VPC im sure he would have jsut gone stand alone , unlesss he had one kicking around … who knows what goes on in crazy mind Of Radek… good stuff buddy, swap looks PRiMo…

ding ding ding, blow through it is.

i am running a 300zx tt maf.

im pretty busy with work right now, hopefully i will have sometime for my nissan in the next 2 week’s at which point, gt3776 is going in with a custom made turbo manifold, 850cc injectors, twin intank pumps,-8 fuel lines. and 22psi.

I made just over 500whp on mikey’s car, at 17.5 psi on pump gas, with a gt3582. soo we shall see what kinda numbers i will put down, looking for 600whp.

and on the 300zx ecu chip tuned ofcourse,

^^oohh shit…Radek thats u?

i can say i have seen Radek’s work and it is top notch!!

Thank you sir.

1000whp is in the plan for july august with this motor, plus some internals :wink: