sr install

hey guys… i found a local shop that will do a SR20 intall for $2500
but i laughed at that an was wondering if anyone would be intrested in coming to my house to help with the instal when i have the motor set? i will pay a bit if needed and make sure everyone is taken care of in my company.

im located in barrie and plan on a s14 blacktop in a 92 s13 hatch.

i will be pulling the old motor. doing minor bay work /repaint and installing 5spd conversion… then will need help with the swap.
what ever is left u can take including the KA with auto tranny (220KM but still pulls good(cant really say hard… its over 120KM)

bring it to Intense if you have the money

email me i can help

intense motor on mapleview… no thanks… i got the money but dont see the point to paying 2500 for install… only takes 1-2 days to do…

when do u plan on doing it? could lend a hand to get a feel for it as i plan on swappin mine later on & might ask 4 help in return then.

2500 for an install? thats alot…! i am currentally invovled with pricing my swap…2500 is alot…dont do it from them.

Varun priced me pretty good… still waiting on some replys for a repetable source on a cheap low milage 180sx s13 Sr20. (decided the s14 was a bad idea since its just more Fuckin around with the VVT and all… )
the only reputable guys ive seen charge ALOT for there motors but u get what u pay for… seen some motors go for as little as $1200 but i guess theres most likly a prob with over 90% of the motor they sell(the ones reputable guys refused to take from the docks)

not sure if you got a quote from me. you said a local shop but. i didnt quote you $2500 labour. it would run you $1200 for engine swap and 3hrs labour which is $225 to finish the auto to manual plus parts. so that is $1425. as long as you have a stock side mount intercooler and pipeing, if not we can custom make a set up for you. We have been known for reliable engine sets and installs, that look and perform amazing. an s13 engine set from us that includes Engine, all sensors and turbo, tranny, uncut harness, ECU, ignitor and Maff sensor $2000. not sure were you got $2500 from.

even 2500 installed with motor is not bad.

considering you are doing a auto to manual swap.

Nissan Engine Swap Labour Costs

SR20 Redtop - $2300
SR20 Blacktop - $2500
SR20 Blacktop (S14) - $3000
SR20 (S15) - $Call For Price
SR20 (Bluebird) - $1800
SR20 (GTI-R) - $Call For Price
RB20/RB25/RB26 - $Call For Price
VG/VQ - $Call For Price
CA18 - $Call For Price

off your website Intense…

That sounds expensive… I dont mean to trash threads but i can get black top Sr for 2000… and red tops for 1500 this includes everything… I can also Install it for a good price… Prolly everything installed for under 2g… I dont know y some shops charge soo much… for soo little…

i really apoligize for our web site it is like 4 years old when an sr was $2500. we are almost finished our new sit that will have up to date pricing.

Spollin, not sure what you are saying. you can get pull a car in pull the stock KA, install an SR get it running drive out the door for $2000 all parts and labour, including engine? what do you do for a clutch, do you do any kind of maintanance like water pump, thermostat, spark plugs, etc. what do you do for an intercooler. do you get even a boost gauge for that. what do you do for a rad, do u include an sr rad or do you run a big ugly hose across the front of the engine? what about a rad fan? heater hoses? and if you have done any amount of swaps you know its a really good idea to change the turbo to manifold gasket while the engine is out of the car rather than a week later in the car.

im sorry but you get what you pay for. we have done more than a few swaps and i havent had one come back.

just wondering, im not tyring to start anything and im not going into an argument.

alright… you should really step up fixing the website. probably costed u some buisness…
but ill stop by some day and check out your operation

and how clean are your installs… its all about astetics… not only does it have to performe but it needs to look mint. i dont like trashy swaps with hoses overlaping when they could easily be made 2"+/- in lenth to tuck beside or under stuff… if im gonna pay for someone to do it. i would like close to a showroom finish.

OO no thats perfectly fair… well I give the customer Options. for the basic Install where I just put the red top engine in. put new fluids in New plugs, put a new front and rear main seal in and yes do that ugly rad hose lol then its about 2000 yes… But I do strongly recommend getting a Sr rad. changing the water pump Putting in a new performance clutch. and all belts and all that… and doing all the astetics stuff as well. But I have just found that alot of people Just want the BASIC Sr20 swap. Nothing else. So i was just saying that when it comes down to it. it can be done on the cheaper…

but if you do all that like the rad water pump and all that thats a good thing. and make sure you let people know that before they get scared off from a higher price.

Im sorry man, does that 2000 swap include engine set, and all parts? What do you do for an intercooler set up for these swaps?

Once again im not trying to be a dick, I am just asking.

I agree with the front and rear main seals, pretty much every one is wet under the crank pulley. A must is that turbo gasket, I agree with the water pump, thermostat and Belt, a very good idea to do, could save you some grief. Every one gets new plugs and all fluids. We also give a number of options, from boost Tee, a fuel pump, intercooler set ups, all sorts of gauges (oil Pres., Coolant temp, Wide band O2s), we have a selection of exhausts, all the way to turbo up grades, custom intercooler set ups, custom manifolds (for the RB guys), injectors, custom Down pipes and exhaust, turbo lines, built engines, EMS and tuning, Even fuel cells, tranny conversions (300zx tranny - SR), and a few more.

Detail is a very important point in our swaps. You want to talk amount meticulous, I cant even stand a bolt or bracket sitting there doing nothing, take if off clean it up. We spend allot of time making it look nice “like showroom” and we can make it go as fast as you want.

Before

http://i17.tinypic.com/8bghy0k.jpg

After
This is a good example of one of our nicer basic swaps. No shit every were. Clean SR, SR rad, our custom intercooler set up, custom exhaust, Boost Tee, Exedy STG 2 clutch (we have tried a few different clutch and the Exedy is what we have the best result with), and water pump, belts, all the maintenance stuff.

http://i18.tinypic.com/89ue2wx.jpg

All the way to WILD!

Just to give you an idea of what we do. I have a few more pics you would like to see some more stuff. i will make a few posts in our section here.

Give us a call and we will do our best to help you out. Or even to set up an appointment to come meet with us to get some more info, hell come check out the shop i would be happy to show you around, so you can see it first hand!

thats some definitly Nice work. I can agree… Ill have to post some pics of some swaps done. I will definitly posting some pics of My kouki when its done come spring.

As for intercoolers. for some reason I have soo many intercoolers laying around in the parts room from a whole bunch of different cars. like the early supras. LOTS of talon side mounts and probe/ MX6 intercoolers. from the many front mounts we do for these cars.

I usually use those if the customer has a smaller buget. and make some custom piping.

I definitly have to disagree with you about the clutches… I hate exedy… Ive Blown soo many of those up… i would much rather have a ACT. But thats just my preference…

But definitly nice work.

hey Justin, i emailed you about a month ago about a swap on a P11(infiniti G20t) FWD GtiR swap, still havent got any reply or details, i called twice as well. please pm me with a personal number, i heard your one of the best; My name is Orin by the way, the email was sent at the end of November if i recall, i could be wrong…and sorry to thread jack mods…my bad.

Sorry man we get about 30-50 emails a day, I know its no excuse.

We are here in the shop mon-fri from 10am - 6pm. if you call between these hours and we do not pick up, PLEASE leave a message and I will guarantee we will call you back. We are short handed right now and it is very difficult to get all the work done on time.

hey intence, how much did that redtop in the red 240 end up costing in the end…the all said and done cost???

it was really close to $5000 with an exedy stg 2 clutch, our custom intercooler kit, boost tee, a few gauges, fuel pump, V port BOV, water pump, thermosat, new Belts, turbo gaskets, SR rad, nice reliable set up!